Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Discover cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Discover cards?

Hello all,

I am curious if Discover will let you have 2 of their cards. I have the Discover More and wanting to apply for another card to help with my utilization.

Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: 2 Discover cards?

Great minds working alike! I asked them this today, as I might have to go joint from current AU status on my hubby's card, but I still want one in my own name.

The CSR said that you are allowed up to three Disc cards, and she seemed completely unruffled by the question.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! 

I am working very hard to improve my scores.....Which card are you looking to apply for if I may ask?

Thanks!
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, you can have more than one.
Message 4 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much!
I am working very hard to improve my scores.....Which card are you looking to apply for if I may ask?
Thanks!

I'm months away from the Discover prize, if not longer, but DH has a More card, so I guess that means Motiva or Miles for me. (Didn't think to ask if I could get two of the same type.)

I'm a PIF'er, so the Motiva doesn't make sense on the face of it, but fused recently got a killer deal with 0% BT for a humongous length of time. If they offer something like that (and if they approved me!!!), I might go for that.

At the moment, I'm stuck in the doodling phase while I wait for some pages to fly off the calendar. Got some lates that need to ripen, or better still, go away!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Thank you so much!
Thanks!

I'm months away from the Discover prize, if not longer, but DH has a More card, so I guess that means Motiva or Miles for me. (Didn't think to ask if I could get two of the same type.)

I'm a PIF'er, so the Motiva doesn't make sense on the face of it, but fused recently got a killer deal with 0% BT for a humongous length of time. If they offer something like that (and if they approved me!!!), I might go for that.

At the moment, I'm stuck in the doodling phase while I wait for some pages to fly off the calendar. Got some lates that need to ripen, or better still, go away!

Hauling, when you get there I am very happy w/ my Miles card.  The cust. serv. is almost as good as Amex, if you post your payment before 5 it posts  the same day.

They give you I think either 2000 or 2500 promo miles when you first get the card so it doesn't take you long to get to your first 5000, and I haven't even used it to charge restaurant charges or travel charges.

It is the only reward card that has worked for me so far. Only a couple K limit, but it is consistent.

JMHO.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for the Motiva card and the csr was extremely friendly.

However, she said the application was cancelled out because I had already applied for a Discover card this month. Just one a month I guess!

Thanks guys! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.