Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 HP from Barclays Apple!

tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: 2 HP from Barclays Apple!

My experience with BarclaysBankUS:  they have followed through with everything they have said.  However, if you don't feel comfortable with this situation, call another rep and confirm that a request to remove has been placed.  They are pretty good to work with as CC companies go.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Well, I don't want to be a pest and call unnecessarily. It could cause more harm than good if I tick someone off.

It's reassuring to hear that they have followed through with you. I'm just concerned because getting an inquiry removed seems to be tricky. They could come back and say they have PP and the previous rep(s) misinformed me. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid because of experience w/other companies.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 18
casmith1980
Established Contributor

this isn't about Barclays, but I just noticed that when WFNNB (NOT wells fargo) reviewed my three accounts for a CLI back in July, they were recorded on Experian as hard pulls.  I called their customer service line this afternoon and was told that WFNNB coded these for soft pulls and that I need to dispute directly with Experian.

Just typed up my letter and am putting it in the mail this afternoon.  What I wrote was:

"I contacted WFNNB on 11/29/11 at 1:06pm PST and spoke with a customer service representative and verified taht the below inquiries were to be placed as "soft pulls" on my credit report although they are being reported as "hard pulls".  I was directed to file a dispute with Experian to have these inquiries recoded to a soft pull as intended by the creditor WFNNB.  Please feel free to contact me directly with any questions."

I'll let you know if this works Smiley Wink

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

I called and spoke w/rep today, who said that they will remove the 2nd one and that it was done in error. It was supposed to be soft. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else and if so, if they did remove the 2nd hit.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

This same thing happened to me, but with AmEx, I was told the same thing that you were told.

AmEx sent a Suppression notice to EX to have the inq removed, IIRC, it took like 15 days if that.

I would not call Barclay every day, give them some time to send the Suppression to TU and it will take TU a few days to update.

If the inq is not gone within 20-25 days I would then call Barclay back.

If it makes you feel better, call Barclay back today/tomorrow and speak to a different rep (ask for a Manager/Supervisor) and just let him/her know the situation, and see if you get the same answer the first rep gave you.

Keep us posted.

Message 14 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

I called and spoke w/rep today, who said that they will remove the 2nd one and that it was done in error. It was supposed to be soft. I wonder if this has happened to anyone else and if so, if they did remove the 2nd hit.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

This same thing happened to me, but with AmEx, I was told the same thing that you were told.

AmEx sent a Suppression notice to EX to have the inq removed, IIRC, it took like 15 days if that.

I would not call Barclay every day, give them some time to send the Suppression to TU and it will take TU a few days to update.

If it makes you feel better, call Barclay back today/tomorrow and speak to a different rep (ask for a Manager/Supervisor) and just let him/her know the situation, and see if you get the same answer the first rep gave you.

Keep us posted.

That's a relief! Thank you. The rep seemed to know what he was doing (much diff than Cap One! Smiley Surprised). He told me it could take up to 30 days to be removed, so I'll just wait and check up on my CR.

Does anyone know if the CMS let you know when an inq is removed, or do I have to keep checking up on my own?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bichonmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Keep us posted.

That's a relief! Thank you. The rep seemed to know what he was doing (much diff than Cap One! Smiley Surprised). He told me it could take up to 30 days to be removed, so I'll just wait and check up on my CR.

Does anyone know if the CMS let you know when an inq is removed, or do I have to keep checking up on my own?

I guess that all depends on the CMS you are using and the alerts they provide, do you know if your CMS has alerts, I use FCR.com for EX and I got an alert when the inq hit, but I don't think I got one when the inq was removed, I just refreshed my report every 2 or 3 days until I saw that the inq was removed.

But your CMS could have that alert available, you may want to check and see if you have an edit/update your alerts option available and set them accordingly.

Message 16 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I have USAA CMS, which is through EX.

Message 17 of 18
clocktick
Valued Contributor

I don't blame you for being skeptical.  I was actually thinking exactly what mustang wrote above.  I would give them a couple weeks but call before a month's up if you don't notice the change/deletion.  I have my fingers crossed for you!

john (or anyone who knows) - what service is your screen shot from?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.