Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 HSBC COs....will Cap 1 approve?

tag
awdsmama
Established Contributor

2 HSBC COs....will Cap 1 approve?

I have 2 COs on HSBC cards, DOFD 2008.  They are reporting zero balance, the CA that had been reporting removed them and ceased collections.  So technically unpaid still. 

Will Cap 1 blacklist based off HSBC COs?

Oh my info. 

2 paid CAs on each report

Open SLs, all deferred

3 late payments hitting 2 years next month.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 HSBC COs....will Cap 1 approve?

@awdsmama wrote:

I have 2 COs on HSBC cards, DOFD 2008.  They are reporting zero balance, the CA that had been reporting removed them and ceased collections.  So technically unpaid still. 

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

Unfortunately, CapOne does blacklist.  So does, by the way, HSBC.

What is unknown, however, is whether their system has been sufficiently updated with the HSBC portfolio acquisition and will have the HSBC - now CapOne - charge offs listed.

The good news is that you could try and likely not waste an inquiry.  Quite like AmEx, if you apply and are rejected as blacklisted they generally do so without pulling your credit report.

Message 2 of 8
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Maybe it is an old post but  I burned both Capital one and 2 HSBC 6 years ago and I currently have 2 cap 1s and 1 HSBC

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 3 of 8
coterotie
Established Contributor

2 CO with Orchard (HSBC) and 1 with Cap1, have cards with both now, Cap1 just increased my limit.  You can go to CreditKarma and do a soft pull through them to see your chances, that's what I did and Cap1 gave instant approval when I said okay.

Message 4 of 8
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

There are some conflicting reports over the past few months/years about Capital One. Some say they have been blacklisted from some Prime Cards/Excellent Credit requirements while some say they were approved for it. If you are interested in Capital One you can always apply. If you are approved you used a few hard pulls but you know you got in. If you get denied you can find out if they did a hard pull or if the reason is a past account charge off. The 3rd possibility is you can always try a recon through their executive office if you get denied and want the card. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CC365 wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

There are some conflicting reports over the past few months/years about Capital One. Some say they have been blacklisted from some Prime Cards/Excellent Credit requirements while some say they were approved for it. If you are interested in Capital One you can always apply. If you are approved you used a few hard pulls but you know you got in. If you get denied you can find out if they did a hard pull or if the reason is a past account charge off. The 3rd possibility is you can always try a recon through their executive office if you get denied and want the card. Good Luck!

+1

Actually, the EO has been turning out some decent results lately.

Message 6 of 8
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

+1

I know! I l have always liked Capital One but they often get a bad reputation which is what often annoys me (and the fact is almost all banks have their pros/cons). 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CC365 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CC365 wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

+1

I know! I l have always liked Capital One but they often get a bad reputation which is what often annoys me (and the fact is almost all banks have their pros/cons). 

I agree with you 100% !!

All banks are great and at the same time all banks suck.  It just depends on your individual experience with them.  Still, it always has me ROFLMAO every time I hear Capital One referred to as CrapOne.  That is one hilarious and downright brilliant nickname that someone created for them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.