Established Contributor

2 HSBC COs....will Cap 1 approve?

I have 2 COs on HSBC cards, DOFD 2008.  They are reporting zero balance, the CA that had been reporting removed them and ceased collections.  So technically unpaid still. 

Will Cap 1 blacklist based off HSBC COs?

Oh my info. 

2 paid CAs on each report

Open SLs, all deferred

3 late payments hitting 2 years next month.

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Regular Contributor

Re: 2 HSBC COs....will Cap 1 approve?

[ Edited ]

awdsmama wrote:

I have 2 COs on HSBC cards, DOFD 2008.  They are reporting zero balance, the CA that had been reporting removed them and ceased collections.  So technically unpaid still. 

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

Unfortunately, CapOne does blacklist.  So does, by the way, HSBC.

What is unknown, however, is whether their system has been sufficiently updated with the HSBC portfolio acquisition and will have the HSBC - now CapOne - charge offs listed.

The good news is that you could try and likely not waste an inquiry.  Quite like AmEx, if you apply and are rejected as blacklisted they generally do so without pulling your credit report.

Frequent Contributor

Maybe it is an old post but  I burned both Capital one and 2 HSBC 6 years ago and I currently have 2 cap 1s and 1 HSBC

building since 2011 EX 714, EQ 729, TU 724 3/11/15
Wallet:ME: Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.15k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases at less than 1% APR, VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies: 1FP CO 08 coming off 5/15,
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 CO with Orchard (HSBC) and 1 with Cap1, have cards with both now, Cap1 just increased my limit.  You can go to CreditKarma and do a soft pull through them to see your chances, that's what I did and Cap1 gave instant approval when I said okay.

Frequent Contributor

awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

There are some conflicting reports over the past few months/years about Capital One. Some say they have been blacklisted from some Prime Cards/Excellent Credit requirements while some say they were approved for it. If you are interested in Capital One you can always apply. If you are approved you used a few hard pulls but you know you got in. If you get denied you can find out if they did a hard pull or if the reason is a past account charge off. The 3rd possibility is you can always try a recon through their executive office if you get denied and want the card. Good Luck!

Regular Contributor

CC365 wrote:

awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

There are some conflicting reports over the past few months/years about Capital One. Some say they have been blacklisted from some Prime Cards/Excellent Credit requirements while some say they were approved for it. If you are interested in Capital One you can always apply. If you are approved you used a few hard pulls but you know you got in. If you get denied you can find out if they did a hard pull or if the reason is a past account charge off. The 3rd possibility is you can always try a recon through their executive office if you get denied and want the card. Good Luck!

+1

Actually, the EO has been turning out some decent results lately.

Frequent Contributor

McArthur wrote:

CC365 wrote:

awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

+1

I know! I l have always liked Capital One but they often get a bad reputation which is what often annoys me (and the fact is almost all banks have their pros/cons). 

Regular Contributor

CC365 wrote:

McArthur wrote:

CC365 wrote:

awdsmama wrote:

Oh my info. 

Open SLs, all deferred

+1

I know! I l have always liked Capital One but they often get a bad reputation which is what often annoys me (and the fact is almost all banks have their pros/cons). 

I agree with you 100% !!

All banks are great and at the same time all banks suck.  It just depends on your individual experience with them.  Still, it always has me ROFLMAO every time I hear Capital One referred to as CrapOne.  That is one hilarious and downright brilliant nickname that someone created for them.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.