Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Questions in regards to Barclay branded Visa

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

2 Questions in regards to Barclay branded Visa

Hello All,

I am very frustrated right now with my Bj's Visa which is backed by Barclay. What my situation is this:

Bj's statement closing date for august is 8/17. The interest they charged me pushed me over my limit and charged me an over the limit fee of 39.00 dollars. So, my balance is now 40 over the limit. I pay that on 9/10 in the amount of 50.00, ten under my limit. I then get my sept. statement that has an over the limit fee from sept 7th. In the middle of my cycle?!?!?! I am baffled on this. Please note that I have not made and purchases at all. and everything on this statement have been on BArclay's side. SO now I am 37 dollars over my limit because of that over the limit fee which is over the limit than less than the over the limit fee itself!!. The domino effect continue as now since I had two consec. months over the limit that now my APR is going to go from 17.99 to over 30%!!!! All induced from a fee that was charged because the interest pushed me over.

Ok, so before I talk to these people. Has anyone seen this before where an over the limit fee is assessed prior to the statement close datebut did not show until the statement date??? Also, Should Barclay have assessed the original over the limit fee?  

Thanks for the help and I hope someone has seen something like this.

Regards,

Michael

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
DI
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Questions in regards to Barclay branded Visa

If you maxed out your card you are bound to go over limit if balance not paid before statement generates.  If you have a $1,000CL, and the interest you are charged is $5.00 you become $5.00 over limit, and you become subject to an over limit fee.  That will continue to happen each month until you make a significant payment to cover the over limit fees and interest.   

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.