Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Target Cards?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

2 Target Cards?

Is this possible, 1 redcard and 1 visa...

I have the red card for 9.5 years and only 1 increase back in 2000 and since you can't request anymore, decided to see if I could just get approved for a Visa!!

Waiting for response now
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2 Target Cards?

OMG... I just got approved for a Target Red Card $200 limit.

Lets see if this account doesn't get lost in the system and gets there credit steps!!!!

I'm so excited
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait, I'm confused. You already had a red card, you applied again and got another red card, and you are excited?  What am I missing? And what credit steps are you referring to? Never heard of such a thing with Target, only with Cap 1.
Message 3 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

okay... it's been my feeling the entire time that my account is lost in there system and does not get reviewed, they have NEVER pulled credit, never done a soft inq, NOTHING.
most people on here get 200, then upgraded to 500, then visa to follow.

Me getting the 200 card means i will have a fresh account in there system with the new 16? digit account numbers (i have 9, that's how old my account is) and hopefully it will actually be monitored unlike my current one.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would they give you to red cards i'm confused lol?

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 08-27-2008 10:42 AM
Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well I'm not sure about 2 cards, didn't think that was an option, so just goes towards my point that my first card is lost in there system... for all i know they probably don't even know im a current customer.
I'm sure in all actuality that is not true, but the way I feel.

I did use a different address for 2nd card, so maybe!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol still confused so did they close the other card down or are you still gonna use it also is the first card reporting on your credit report. What did you have the regular red card an was just approved for the target visa?
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

No I have a Target Red Card
and they just approved another Red Card.

different limits. so assuming they didn't consolidate or close my old.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting experiment. I'd love to stay posted on this one.
Are the new cards 16 digits now?  Mine is only 9 digits too. I was bumped to $500 after the 3rd month but I am convinced my account is also somewhere in the Target abyss.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.