Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 bills paid, no deduction yet?

tag
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

2 bills paid, no deduction yet?

Im not sure what is going on but I sent a payment of 250.00 3 weeks ago by check  and paid another bill of 50.00 online through checking 5 days ago but they were never debited from my checking account.

I called the co I paid 50 to and they said they received it already. I called the other one and she said the same thing. Not sure what to make of this.  2 bills not showing up on my checking account as paid or anything for that matter.   I should pay all my credit cards off today ,maybe it will not deduct the money again LOL. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2 bills paid, no deduction yet?

Does your CC accept electronic payments?  Most payments post within 24hrs of draft.  I've never sent in a paper check, except store cards where I pay in person.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 7
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I handed the check to the co personally, they only take a check or money order. My checking shows everything right away. Just strange 2 bills are not posting anything on my checking account.

Message 3 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I know sometimes if i pay in a weekend or something, my CCC will show they recieved the payment but my bank won't show it having left my account until monday or tuesday.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is the creditor? I know when I make a payment on my Walmart it takes 3-5 days to show on my bank account. I don't know about paper checks.
Message 5 of 7
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

The money was deducted from my account today so things are back to normal.Smiley Very HappySmiley Sad 

Message 6 of 7
Epcot
Valued Contributor

LOL, they made sure they got their money!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.