Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 questions on Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 questions on Amex

Amex seems to  be the conversation of the day...questions to anyone who can answer

1.  I was preapproved-applied for- and approved for a 12k USAA Amex. on December 4th.  Today I received a preapproval in the mail for an Amex Green card.  Am I shooting down a chance of getting the card if I app for it so close to getting the USAA card?  Or should I wait?  I want to get in with Amex directly and know that USAA is not a "real" Amex

2.  Does the USAA Amex count me as "in" with Amex?  If I get a Amex down the line directly from American Express, will my member since date reflect the issue date of the USAA Amex?

Thanks to all the reply

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ArisGreek
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2 questions on Amex

Question 2: No your AMEX will not be backdated. AMEX only backdates cards that are listed on their site or that you had a direct AMEX card from back in the day.

===========
TU: 745(TU98) | EQ: 774 | EX: ? | NO BADDIES!
What's in my wallet? AMEX Platinum, United Presidential Plus World Elite MC, AMEX JetBlue, Nordstrom Visa Sig, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, AMEX Zync, Citi AAdvantage Plat Select Visa, Banana Republic, Home Depot
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I couldn't help myself...I app'd and got approved.  Card will be here in 7-10 days Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I think for the most part, when your pre-approved with them, your chances are extremely high.

I havent heard of too many people coming here and complaining that they were pre-approved then got denied....

But nevertheless, congrats man!!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.