Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

? 2 store cards for same store???

tag
S7
Established Contributor

? 2 store cards for same store???

I was in Milwaukee last week visiting friends(I'm from Florida), and stopped by American Eagle. As I was checking out, the cashier says,"you're eligible for an upgrade on your card". So I'm like, ok, whatever, we go through the motions of it. I get the printed little paper for 7-10 message. Figured it was an, " I'm sorry" letter coming. I log on to my account today to check transactions, and there are 2 accounts, but appear to both be the Store cards.

I called customer service, and say to "Mike" that I didn't think it was possible to do that, especially when I was supposedly trying for the "upgrade". He said oh no, that would be the Visa if you were upgrading, *DUH*   So he's looking and looking, and yep, it show's that both ARE the store card.

So all he can tell me is, wait for the card in the mail, if it so happens maybe it IS the Visa, but if not, then I can make that decision as to keep both or cancel one. UM, yeah, I'lll keep the one with the higher limit that I've had for 7 months.

OH, and they're both listed on my report, just pulled that a few minutes ago.

Anyone else have this happen??

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: ? 2 store cards for same store???

@S7 wrote:

I was in Milwaukee last week visiting friends(I'm from Florida), and stopped by American Eagle. As I was checking out, the cashier says,"you're eligible for an upgrade on your card". So I'm like, ok, whatever, we go through the motions of it. I get the printed little paper for 7-10 message. Figured it was an, " I'm sorry" letter coming. I log on to my account today to check transactions, and there are 2 accounts, but appear to both be the Store cards.

I called customer service, and say to "Mike" that I didn't think it was possible to do that, especially when I was supposedly trying for the "upgrade". He said oh no, that would be the Visa if you were upgrading, *DUH*   So he's looking and looking, and yep, it show's that both ARE the store card.

So all he can tell me is, wait for the card in the mail, if it so happens maybe it IS the Visa, but if not, then I can make that decision as to keep both or cancel one. UM, yeah, I'lll keep the one with the higher limit that I've had for 7 months.

OH, and they're both listed on my report, just pulled that a few minutes ago.

Anyone else have this happen??

Thanks!! Smiley Happy

GE, still the part about them I hate!

So in store I don't think the reps can really upgrade cards so they were kind of lying to you I believe... you shouldn't really have to "apply" if it's an offer.... and yes you can get 2 store cards.... My mom had 2 Chevrons at one point becuase the rep "said" they were putting in for upgrade but really were putting in a whole new app "hoping" that the new app would be approved for the visa!

Keep them both, already took the HP and it's already reporting, so all damage done, my as well take the better part of GE now and start asking for CLI every 4 months like clock work and through the backdoor for manual review for MUCH MUCH higher lines... and always a SP!

Message 2 of 3
S7
Established Contributor

Re: ? 2 store cards for same store???

Well dang it! LoL!  Thank you for your information! I'll be alot wiser when those folks try to slip that one by me again! Smiley Happy

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.