Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20,000 goodwill miles for Amex delta :)

tag
ycm
Established Member

20,000 goodwill miles for Amex delta :)

Was approved for gold delta Amex a few days ago, the promo was 10,000 miles after $500 spend in 3 months. A day or two after that I noticed that the new promotion for the card was 30,000 miles after $500 spend in three months. Just missed the right moment to app! Did online chat today with CS and asked to be considered for promo that was advertised after my approval. CS rep talked to supervisor and now 20,000 goodwill points should be posted to my account by Friday, will still get another 10,000 miles after $500 spend. What great service and flexibility! Goes to show that keeping an eye out for promos after approval pays off!
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 20,000 goodwill miles for Amex delta :)

@ycm wrote:
Was approved for gold delta Amex a few days ago, the promo was 10,000 miles after $500 spend in 3 months. A day or two after that I noticed that the new promotion for the card was 30,000 miles after $500 spend in three months. Just missed the right moment to app! Did online chat today with CS and asked to be considered for promo that was advertised after my approval. CS rep talked to supervisor and now 20,000 goodwill points should be posted to my account by Friday, will still get another 10,000 miles after $500 spend. What great service and flexibility! Goes to show that keeping an eye out for promos after approval pays off!

Congarts on the card and the extra miles 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Congrats !!  How many of the 30K miles will count as MQMs ??

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Wink

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.