Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20% Cashback Bonus Offer From CITI

tag
jj10939
Regular Contributor

20% Cashback Bonus Offer From CITI

I received an offer in the mail from CITI offering an additional 20% cash back on my Dividend card.  The offer states I will recieve an extra .2% on all purchases in addition to the 1% cash back I already receive until January 31, 2012.

Enrollemnt was required which I had to call in to do which took all of five minutes.  Looks like they want people to use their card for Christmas shopping, lol.  Anyone else recieve an offer like this one?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20% Cashback Bonus Offer From CITI

Holy mackrel!

I don't have the Dividend card. I only have the Citi Forward. 

Does the offer mention if there are any caps on spending?

Message 2 of 10
KLGFCG
New Contributor

Did it say an extra 0.2 or 0.2%? If it said 0.2%, to me that means that you'll earn a total of 1.2% on purchases, not 21%. That's still a nice little bonus, though. I have a Dividend card, so I'll pay attention to any incoming Citi mail for a while now!

Message 3 of 10
Guava
Established Contributor

I've had the offer for the summer quarter, its 20% on the 1% cash back, so 1.2% cash backed essentially

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 10
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

I received (and signed up for) the same offer and it is 1.2 points per dollar or an additional 20%.

The email for the offer and similarly the mailing (got both) reads:

Enroll by 11/25/11 to earn:

20% Bonus ThankYou® Points.

Click the "Enroll Now" button or call 800-449-0005. Your invitation number is: xxxx

The best part about your Citi ThankYouSM Card? It's hard to choose—but we might suggest it's the special offers you get access to.

Click the "Enroll Now" button to accept this offer to earn an additional  0.2 ThankYou Point per $1 spent on eligible purchases until 1/31/12.*

Fine print reads:

* Additional earnings associated with this program may overlap with other offers in which you are currently enrolled. Additional bonus points awarded with this offer are based on the dollar amount you spend on purchases, not on points.  Eligible purchases exclude balance transfers, cash advances, items returned for credit, fees, and interest charges. The promotion starts within 4 business days from the time you enroll in this offer and will end on 1/31/12. In order to qualify for this offer, the account must be open and current at all times.  If your account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another product, you may no longer be eligible. You may receive more than one communication regarding this bonus offer with a reply by date of 11/25/11, however if you have already enrolled in this offer, no further action is required.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes much more sense.

Message 6 of 10
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

I've run alot of purchases through  mine lately, hopefully i'll get an invite.

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 7 of 10
jj10939
Regular Contributor

It's 1.2% cash back.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 10
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Obviously I cannot know the criteria but I might guess that this is exactly how not to get the offer unless it goes out to everyone.  I for one know I have not used the card but once in the last six months so I assumed they were trying this before the hot poker (ouch!) approach.

Message 9 of 10
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@JaysonT wrote:

@KIPPIE12 wrote:

Obviously I cannot know the criteria but I might guess that this is exactly how not to get the offer unless it goes out to everyone.  I for one know I have not used the card but once in the last six months so I assumed they were trying this before the hot poker (ouch!) approach.

In the past i've received similar offers from Citi. I wonder if you could call customer service and inquire about special promotions like this? I know you can with Discover - it beats having to wait for a mailer.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.