Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 Point drop & Score Watch question

tag
Rebuilding101
Regular Contributor

20 Point drop & Score Watch question

First question, why does score watch show two new alerts. Is it because its pulling EQ and TU new accounts? The same info shows up.

Next. i took a 7 point loss, I think from opening my new Walmart card because I was ok with the new BofA card and a few more inquiries.

Now I took a 15 point loss because one of my balances went from 0 to 250. Easy fix, my balance will go down when the next month posts, but how interesting, a util increase of 6-7 percent (total avail is like 1500 now) gave such a drop. Learning lesson for when I'm trying to buy a house, take what you guys say about keeping utilization betwen 1-9 max lol.

Starting Score(4/1/10): EQ: 631--- TU: 646
Current Score(4/1/10): EQ: 725--- TU: 686
Goal Score: EQ: 850--- TU: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20 Point drop & Score Watch question

Hi rebuilding,

First of all, Scorewatch only alerts for EQ accounts.  How is it looking?  Can you post it here?  I have received a few duplicate scorewatch alerts lately (the same account reporting twice on the same alert).  Seems like there's a glitch in the system that's being looked at.  There's a few posts on - I think it's - "Product Feedback" forums.

It may be that with your BofA card and Walmart card, your AAofA was affected enough for a score drop, and of course the inquiries can do that.  Did they all show up on the same day?  If you just got hit with the seven points on the day your Walmart card posted, it was probably AAofA, unless you posted a balance on that card as well.

FICO's looking at overall utilization as well as utilization on each card.  What's the CL on the card with the $250 balance?

Message 2 of 5
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Regarding the two alerts from Score Watch for the same account, someone here answered that same question for me a while back.

Take a closer look at the two alerts.  Each is for a different parameter you've set in your preferences.

For instance, one alert may be that your balance increased by x amount of dollars.  The second alert for that same account may be that your balance increased by x %.

You get the idea.  I thought it was a glitch, too, but I was mistaken.  A closer look at the alerts will confirm this for you.

Hope this helps!Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 5
Kiwill
Frequent Contributor

+1

I always get two alerts; one for the dollar amount increased and the other alert for percentage. 

Starting Score: EQ 729, TU 752, EX ? (1/1/2011)
Current Score: EQ 696, TU 718, EX 686 - PSECU (5/17/2011)
Goal Score: ALL 800+ by December 31, 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 700 CLUB!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kiwill wrote:

+1

I always get two alerts; one for the dollar amount increased and the other alert for percentage. 

+1 for me too

I am not currently enrolled in ScoreWatch, so I can't check mine.  But dollars to donuts that's what prompted mine as well.  Thanks for the info!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.