Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$20 Walmart Statement Credit?

tag
Jlu
Established Contributor

$20 Walmart Statement Credit?

I recently paid my Walmart card online via ACH transfer like I do for every CC bill. I just noticed my balance is -$20.00 indicating a credit of $20. Under the history it shows this:

PROMOTIONAL CREDIT FOR USING YOUR CARD               $20 CR

Anyone know what this pleasant surprise is all about?

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: $20 Walmart Statement Credit?

If you use your Walmart CC the first day for $100+ you get $20 statement credit.

Message 2 of 4
Jlu
Established Contributor

Ahhh, you know what? I got $40 instead of the $20. I bought a Google Nexus 7 on the second day I activated my card. I called in and said I didn't realize it was for the first day only and they agreed to give me the $20 credit manually. So I got $40 instead of $20. Yay me.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@Jlu wrote:

Ahhh, you know what? I got $40 instead of the $20. I bought a Google Nexus 7 on the second day I activated my card. I called in and said I didn't realize it was for the first day only and they agreed to give me the $20 credit manually. So I got $40 instead of $20. Yay me.

Nice. Congrats.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.