cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 years old... Current Status.... Whats Next?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: 20 years old... Current Status.... Whats Next?

Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Experian.com provides FAKO CS. Depending on how new the CA will depend on the damage to your CS. As far as addresses, update them with the CRAs so that they are consistent.
Message 12 of 18
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I would call the CRA and get that address removed. Granted, if there is no discrepencies on your CR that show identity theft, it is probably an honest mistake. I have found that identity thieves like to work fast.

If you are worried about it, you can always put a fraud alert on your CR and that way, whenever new credit is applied for, you will be notified and have to verify your identity. It can be a pain but it is well worth it if you feel your identity has been compromised.

Message 13 of 18
Jmdurbz
Established Member

So Experian.com three Bureau report has TU at 589. Credit Karma although I know is off says my score is derived from TU and they had me jumping up 19pts today to a 652. 

21 Year Old, College Student in NYC.

Discover IT - 2000 ; Chase Freedom - 2000 ; American Express GPR - NPSL ; American Express Delta Sky Miles Gold - 6000 ; Chase Saph Pref - 9000 ; Citi Thank You Pref - 9500

Message 14 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

CK is a FAKO too. If you want to buy your FICO scores,you can get them here. Keep in mind, the TU score might be lower because of the CA. IMO, wait until your addresses are corrected before buying your reports.

Have you tried writing a GW letter?
Message 15 of 18
azguy13
Senior Contributor

I don't put too much stock into the FAKO scores. I check one of my FICOs every other month or so. I would not focus so much on the score as I would the report itself. Take a look to see if one of your TLs is reporting incorrectly.

The largest difference I have seen in my FICO scores was a 50 point difference between EX and EQ with EX being the higher. It is not uncommon to have a point difference but that much of a difference is not right.

Message 16 of 18
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
CK is a FAKO too. If you want to buy your FICO scores,you can get them here. Keep in mind, the TU score might be lower because of the CA. IMO, wait until your addresses are corrected before buying your reports.

Have you tried writing a GW letter?
Very good advice. With MyFico's new system, there are a lot of reports being held up because of identity verification, even if it had worked before. It took my DW a few phone calls to get hers figured out. So, an incorrect address wont help, lol.
I have GW all my CA off my CR and it bumped my score from mid 600s to low 700s

Message 17 of 18
Iorek
Contributor

I have a somewhat similar situation to you, with getting the Delta and PRG cards and pushing a lot of spend through them. I pushed $5k through Delta and $2k through PRG. I have more cards than you but none with a high CL (all $1.5k or less),  about 3x your income at a similar age (22, just graduated this year), and more INQs. I got my 3x CLI on the Delta to 6k with no issue this past week.

Amex BCE ($15k), TE ($5k), BoA BBR ($600), Cash Rewards ($600), Barclays Sallie Mae ($6k), CapOne Quicksilver ($4k), Chase Freedom ($5.8k), CSP ($11k), Marriott (9k), IHG (12k), DCU ($6k), Discover IT ($6.5k)
TU - 4 INQ, EX - 7 INQ, EQ - 3 INQ
Gardening since 06/25/14.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.