Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Macy Guideline increases?

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2009 Macy Guideline increases?

Actually yesterday when i called for my guideline increase the csr did ask how much of a increase did i want i said a 1,000. She said hold on and when she came back on the phone she said sorry at this time we can only give you 200 increase.Thats when i proceeded to ask her why so low and in her defense she did put me on hold again and try again but macys wouldnt budge with the 200.
Message 31 of 44
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

Also when you ask for more was those hard inquires. Do you know?
Message 32 of 44
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Called this morning to get a GLI and they declined me!

Message Edited by Schoolbuskid on 03-03-2009 08:29 AM
Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 33 of 44
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

I am going to call them next week and ask for a CLI. It has been 3 months since my last CLI in December. They gave me a $2,500 CLI in December which brought my CL to $4.8k. I was very surprised especially since I don't use the card as much as others do. I try to use it every 3 months and buy cologne from one of their local stores.
Message 34 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@YoungEntrepeneur wrote:
I am going to call them next week and ask for a CLI. It has been 3 months since my last CLI in December. They gave me a $2,500 CLI in December which brought my CL to $4.8k. I was very surprised especially since I don't use the card as much as others do. I try to use it every 3 months and buy cologne from one of their local stores.

So the trick to a good GLI is not to shop there but once every few months. Good to know, in that case I am taking my wifes card away from her today.

Message 35 of 44
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I actually need to use my card.  It's been empty since July -- bought two shirts at Macy's Herald Square, lol.

They just downgraded me back to the Red from the Plat -- this was expected.  This is my oldest TL, so I can't let it go.  I haven't asked for a CLI on it, but it sits at 2.5k.  I don't think I've ever had more than 750 on it.

I'm sure I can find SOMETHING to buy at Macy's, but I've been in an anti-shopping mode for a few months.  Maybe after I buy something I'll actually call for a GLI.  LOL!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 36 of 44
slarano
Frequent Contributor

tell the CSR that you're looking to buy new mattresses (new stock just came in) and furniture from Macy's. that's always a good reasonable excuse.
ImageImageImage

Message 37 of 44
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

simonlarano wrote:
tell the CSR that you're looking to buy new mattresses (new stock just came in) and furniture from Macy's. that's always a good reasonable excuse.

I actually tried that twice. I called the first time and asked for a GLI in that I wanted to buy some mattresses during a sale they were having. They only gave me like $400 or something like that and told me to go to the store if I wanted more. So I tried again at the store and this time actually committed to buying a mattress as we needed one. I told the clerk that my CL wasn't high enough. She said not to worry that I would be approved and that my credit would be extended. Well, they ended up opening a new account up as a special purchase acct. Ying-yang. New TL, bad. But 0% interest and they opened a new TL that reports as a $2500 CL charge card. Oh well.
Message 38 of 44
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

I just opened a Macys card last month so forgive my silly question, but what exactly is a guideline increase?
Message 39 of 44
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

That's the term Macy's uses for credit line increases.

Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.