Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 Macy Guideline increases?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2009 Macy Guideline increases?

ITA, Macy's CLI increase over time.  My first increase was automatic a year ago for $100. lol I think macy's like to see if you use their card a little and have it for a while.  My husband has had a Macy's card for about seven years, I had him call in to get a increase for kicks and he gets a $2000 increase on his Visa...lol
Message 41 of 44
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can't really use the mattress as an excuse for increase with macys because they will just open you a major purchase account which is separate from your store card. although my friend said he was looking to buy more furniture (he bought mattress 3 months ago) and they told him to go in store and they would double his major purchase account to $7200
Message 42 of 44
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

im not going to use my card for three mths and maybe macys will give me a higher increase. I have been using every mth and paying 50 to 250 over the minimum. My first increase was 100 dollars after three mths and this week after 6mths its only 200. I reading people that dont use their cards are getting better increases.
Message 43 of 44
slarano
Frequent Contributor

Got my card last May. Since then (initial limit of $400), I've used my card regularly. I've had three total GLI's, first to $600, then a big jump to $2500, then just this week I called in to inquire about my total Star Rewards purchase summary (how much $ I've actually spent) to see if I can get a new card color, and got another $700 increase without even asking for it... so $3200 is my current credit limit, and I hold a balance of around $450. I make two or more payments a month, both online and at point-of-sale at the store. Hope Macy's continues to be kind to me. Smiley Happy
ImageImageImage

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.