Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Re: 2009 Macy Guideline increases?

ITA, Macy's CLI increase over time.  My first increase was automatic a year ago for $100. lol I think macy's like to see if you use their card a little and have it for a while.  My husband has had a Macy's card for about seven years, I had him call in to get a increase for kicks and he gets a $2000 increase on his
Epic Contributor

you can't really use the mattress as an excuse for increase with macys because they will just open you a major purchase account which is separate from your store card. although my friend said he was looking to buy more furniture (he bought mattress 3 months ago) and they told him to go in store and they would double his major purchase account to $7200
Fico Scores 8: EX 718. TU 699. EQ 658. 11/10/2015
Frequent Contributor

im not going to use my card for three mths and maybe macys will give me a higher increase. I have been using every mth and paying 50 to 250 over the minimum. My first increase was 100 dollars after three mths and this week after 6mths its only 200. I reading people that dont use their cards are getting better increases.
Frequent Contributor

Got my card last May. Since then (initial limit of $400), I've used my card regularly. I've had three total GLI's, first to $600, then a big jump to $2500, then just this week I called in to inquire about my total Star Rewards purchase summary (how much $ I've actually spent) to see if I can get a new card color, and got another $700 increase without even asking for it... so $3200 is my current credit limit, and I hold a balance of around $450. I make two or more payments a month, both online and at point-of-sale at the store. Hope Macy's continues to be kind to me. Smiley Happy

myFICO Starting Scores: TU 643 03.10.09 EX 676 01.09.09 EQ 638 05.24.09
Current Score: (WalMart FICO) TU 792 04.03.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EX 745 02.06.13 (Mortgage Lender - HP) EQ 771 02.06.13
Goal Score: 800+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.