Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Blacklist Thread

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2010 Blacklist Thread

PNC Bank - 02/10 Declined due to BK (not with them) ... i called yesterday and asked if they auto decline for BK, the lady in underwriting didn't answer but said I could call the credit bureaus after 7yrs of BK and have it removed then apply again. I said, is there anything I can do at this point to have you reconsider? I stated I have good income, i currently have a utilization of 0% and have restablished since BK having a mortgage, auto loan, and 2 credit cards worth about $11,000 in credit available. She asked if I bank with PNC..I said YES. She said to hold. After a few minutes, she said you closed all your credit cards after bk right? I said yes, but have re-established a couple accounts. She asked me to re-state my income, then put me on hold for a little while longer. She said she was have her supervisor, a group lead review my application again (which was done electronically). The result, was unfrotunately the same, she said to apply again after my bank accounts with them were 1 yr old.

I mention all the detail because even though it seemed I was doomed for a BK, they took time to reconsider and alluded to the fact they would probably approve me after my bank account aged with them to 1yr. Even though I'm disappointed, I really appreciate that they took another look for me, and will possibly consider me because of my loyalty and checking / savings business with them. There are so many banks out there that don't give you a shot whatsoever if you don;t meet their high expectations.

For everyone else out their, please take this is my reccomendation to do business with PNC Bank, and definately re-con them if you're declined! Especially if you have checking / savings with them.

Message 21 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

SEARS (Citibank S.D) - DECLINED Feb 2010 due to BK. That was the only reason stated, but I did have a Citi card on my bk, not sears though. I'm not sure if they mean they are declining because I have a BK on my report of I had an account with them that I included, they did not say anything about past account history or anything.
Message 22 of 49
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Just a note: to keep the CC board from getting cluttered, I'm de-stickying this note. Please keep the posts coming, especially if you don't want the thread to vanish off the first few screens. Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 49
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Discover blacklists. My husband was told before agreeing to a repayment plan he would be free to apply for a Discover after it was paid off. He did the four years faithfully, no lates whatsoever. In fact, his credit report never shows a late with them due to the time elapsed. The payment plan was finished in November. He called them in January was after applying over the phone, noticed online they application had been cancelled. He called the backdoor number and the nastiest rep (who lied BTW regarding his FICO credit scores, yep, a hard pull) who said A) my husband must have misunderstood the three times he inquired about future applications, B) Discover wants nothing to do with him whatsoever C) No application will ever be further considered. huh? My husband very nicely stated even another rep had said after four years of on time payments, never late, never missed, that right there is proof of repayment. Rep said no. Reviewing his file with them of his records, I don't see where it was even close to a CO...I don't know why it was a bad deal. I thought he's record was okay with them. Soooo...

Discover blacklists if you've been in a repayment program of 0% interest and $100 a month and still PIF perfectly.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 24 of 49
MrChairman
Established Contributor

I applied for a Crap 1 card about two weeks ago. I was decline and called the backdoor number to find out. CSR stated that a old paid charge off was the reason I was denied. I told her I was approved for a Capital One CC at the end of 2008, which I still have and has never had any lates or deregos. She couldn't give me an answer and told me that I would be getting the letter stating why in the mail and no hard inquiry on my report. Anyone else had this happen?

Starting Score:TransUnion: 698 (12 FEB 2010), Equifax: 674 (12 FEB 2010)
Current Score (Lender Pulled):TransUnion: 684 (12 SEP 2016), Equifax: 696 (12 SEP 2016), Experian: 679 (12 SEP 2016)
Goal Score:All scores All scores at least 700+ by December 2017!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leah5570 wrote:

Discover blacklists. My husband was told before agreeing to a repayment plan he would be free to apply for a Discover after it was paid off. He did the four years faithfully, no lates whatsoever. In fact, his credit report never shows a late with them due to the time elapsed. The payment plan was finished in November. He called them in January was after applying over the phone, noticed online they application had been cancelled. He called the backdoor number and the nastiest rep (who lied BTW regarding his FICO credit scores, yep, a hard pull) who said A) my husband must have misunderstood the three times he inquired about future applications, B) Discover wants nothing to do with him whatsoever C) No application will ever be further considered. huh? My husband very nicely stated even another rep had said after four years of on time payments, never late, never missed, that right there is proof of repayment. Rep said no. Reviewing his file with them of his records, I don't see where it was even close to a CO...I don't know why it was a bad deal. I thought he's record was okay with them. Soooo...

Discover blacklists if you've been in a repayment program of 0% interest and $100 a month and still PIF perfectly.

I included discover card in ch 7 bk in 2001. bk is still showing on on my CR until 10/2010. They just sent me a pre-approval letter in the mail a few days ago. I was suprised.
Message 26 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrChairman wrote:
I applied for a Crap 1 card about two weeks ago. I was decline and called the backdoor number to find out. CSR stated that a old paid charge off was the reason I was denied. I told her I was approved for a Capital One CC at the end of 2008, which I still have and has never had any lates or deregos. She couldn't give me an answer and told me that I would be getting the letter stating why in the mail and no hard inquiry on my report. Anyone else had this happen?

Yup.  Been there, done that & got the T-shirt.

They pulled that stunt on me a short while ago and I never ever even had a CrapOne card before.  Beat them up pretty good over it and got the card.

Message 27 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Found this thread while researching blacklisting for discover.

Some previous posters mentioned that Cap1 declined them due to previous paid CO. 

This didn't happen for me.  I have 2 paid CO's with Cap1 from 2005/2006.  I app'd in early 2010 and was approved for plat w/ $39 AF, 1.5K CL with credit steps.  As a side note, I was also approved for an auto loan, $35K, with them in 3/2010.  But I ended up going with dealer financing.

Long story short I have not had a blacklisting experience with Cap1 despite my rocky history with them...

Message 28 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target an Macy's fo sure.

Message 29 of 49
clipperskipper
Regular Contributor

Don't forget Sears, they'll drop you even though you don't include them in BK, and had a zero balance.

Message 30 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.