Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 Blacklist Thread

tag
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Re: 2012 Blacklist Thread

I'm on Amex's blacklist for a charged off balance that I am currently paying back and will be finished with next month. I don't think I will apply for a card with them right away after paying it off either, might wait until late 2013.

I don't know if you would call it being on the blacklist, but BofA won't open a credit line for me just yet because I have two PIF closed accounts with them that were from two years ago. According to the recon rep they want to see a longer length of good credt use before they offer me credit again.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 19
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

I had a CapOne card CO back in 2002. Paid in full in 2004, fell off report in 2009. I was able to get a secured card with them.

Also had an Orchard account go bad in 2005. I was pre-selected and approved for a Household Bank card in January of this year. CO vanished from EQ (the CRA they softed me on in the first place) but paid off CO is still on the other two reports. They are due to fall off later this year.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 12 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@JenniferinFL wrote:

@sjt wrote:

I know Amex blacklists but will take you off once you pay them. Im wondering if Chase and Citibank does the same?

I'm blacklisted from GE..  Had several accounts with them that had $0 balance when I filed for bankruptcy, but one stupid JCP card with under a $300 balance. (Think it was right around $100)

If I could pay off that balance and get off the blacklist I would be thrilled.. lol

You should call GE Money Bank at 1-866-419-4096.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 13 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

I'm on Amex's blacklist for a charged off balance that I am currently paying back and will be finished with next month. I don't think I will apply for a card with them right away after paying it off either, might wait until late 2013.

I don't know if you would call it being on the blacklist, but BofA won't open a credit line for me just yet because I have two PIF closed accounts with them that were from two years ago. According to the recon rep they want to see a longer length of good credt use before they offer me credit again.

After you pay off Amex, you should inquire about the Oasis Recovery Program.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 19
knoxman
Established Member

I BK'd Citi in '89, 23 years ago and they STILL remember.  On the other hand I have unpaid CO with Chase and Discover and just got approved for both. 

Message 15 of 19
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

They offered the Oasis a few years back right before I settled but I wasn't interested at the time. I would try it now but with the inability to secure another one of their cards until off of the oasis program doesn't seem to make much sense to rebuild my credit. I already have two prime cards, a mortgage, and an auto loan that are building my credit and this TL in question with Amex is not reporting on any of my credit reports. So I figure I will just pay it off next month, let the wound heal for about a year and then maybe attempt to secure a better Amex card with my score being in the mid 700s.

Message 16 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

They offered the Oasis a few years back right before I settled but I wasn't interested at the time. I would try it now but with the inability to secure another one of their cards until off of the oasis program doesn't seem to make much sense to rebuild my credit. I already have two prime cards, a mortgage, and an auto loan that are building my credit and this TL in question with Amex is not reporting on any of my credit reports. So I figure I will just pay it off next month, let the wound heal for about a year and then maybe attempt to secure a better Amex card with my score being in the mid 700s.

Another member was going to investigate and confirm if you are able to apply for another Amex product while having an active Oasis card. If that ws the case then you should inquire about the card. If your utilization rate is low and you score is upper 600's or higher, then you can probably get a charge card, which will be good for age.
Message 17 of 19
iCoop
Regular Contributor

@sjt wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@iCoop wrote:

Another member was going to investigate and confirm if you are able to apply for another Amex product while having an active Oasis card. If that ws the case then you should inquire about the card. If your utilization rate is low and you score is upper 600's or higher, then you can probably get a charge card, which will be good for age.

For the most part I've seen on this forum and others that the Oasis blocks you from applying for other cards but some people have managed to slip through the cracks. Currently my utilization on revolving credit cards is at 0% unless you include this card which takes it up significantly and my score is hovering around 660 due to some recent HP's and new accounts being opened.

Message 18 of 19
CS800
Super Contributor

@iCoop wrote:

Same story for me with BOA. I have 3 accounts (two of which were former MBNA that BOA took over). Its been about 2 years since i paid all of them off in full. Still got declined last Nov for a 1-2-3 card stating they needed to see more history.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.