Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2012 total rewards

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

2012 total rewards

I've made $1196.32 in total rewards. Most of that has been redeemed, some has not. That number will go up slightly because I am going to redeem my Discover dollars for gift cards and earn more value. I also have about 12k miles that I have not redeemed on my Miles card that I am saving towards a future honeymoon. My total includes a $250 bonus when I signed up for the Penfed Cash Rewards.

I didn't get my Citi Forward, Cash +, or BCP until the latter part of the year. I expect to get close to $2000 in 2013. I probably could do better if I had a 2% everything card as well. I may bite the bullet and upgrade my miles card to escape.
Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
darkpearl
Regular Contributor

Re: 2012 total rewards

I've made $689.05, only had Cash+ since June so it would definitely be higher next year (going to get my second $100+$25 next statement), plus my Cap1 .5% gets added in March which will be nice. I did cash out all of my BOA $100 sign up bonus and 25% bonus for cashing over 300 at once, which may or may not happen again next year (would need to earn the equivalent of the bonus on top of normal spending, it's a flat 1.5% card). I still think making almost $700 (plus 5% at Target not included) for doing nothing is amazing. Thinking of maybe applying for BCE next year as well with 250 sign up bonus offer good until February, but not convinced with this FR strategy they have going on that it would be worth my time.

Would love to hear more end of year total rewards stories.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.