Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2013 Blacklist Thread

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Re: 2013 Blacklist Thread

apped last yr w/ chase (amazon visa) and citi( not sure which card), burn both in 06 , both were sold off to collections, that were eventually paid in full beteween 08-11 via pmt plan w/ cas- didn't know about pfd  at the time and didn't have the cash to do pfd anyway, chase was for about 700 citi was 6k. figured they were pretty old so i at least had a shot but both apps didn't even result in a hp, they sent letter saying due to past negative histroy with us we were unable to extend credit at this time- didn't call for recon as they were still showing on CR so i figured not even worth it. Both fell off CR this yr.  im happy w/ my current lineup so i am not planning any apps anytime soon

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 11 of 30
seemo14

Does anyone have any experience with discover cards
Message 12 of 30
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

I hear Amex holds a grudge but I burned them waaay back in college. They denied me but did not list negative history (I paid it off.) Got an Amex as a corporate/military travel card and never had issues. They know the company will pay claims.

Citi holds grudges, even with corporate. We settled a few years back on a personal account, so negative history was more recent. Apparently when my company merged, we took their corporate card instead of ours. We had Amex. New company uses Citi. I had a couple of trips coming up so I applied. They rejected my corporate application but told me I could get approved if I get an EVP or higher to cosign. That just was not ever gonna happen.

Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 13 of 30
blondy250
Established Contributor

If you burned Citi or Chase, why shouldn't they blacklist you. You didn't pay what you owed, for whatever reason. You represent a risk there not willing to take a chance on, totally understandable.
Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 14 of 30
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

@seemo14 wrote:
Does anyone have any experience with discover cards

i got very behind with in the past was on verge of CO, they worked w/ me closed the account dropped int rate, and let me pay off direct to them. a few months after i PIF i applied and they approved no problem, just sig. lower cl which is understandable as i was still early in rebuild.

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 15 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:
If you burned Citi or Chase, why shouldn't they blacklist you. You didn't pay what you owed, for whatever reason. You represent a risk there not willing to take a chance on, totally understandable.

I agree with you.

One of the reasons I started this thread is to get a better understanding of lender's blacklist policy. It seems some people are let back in and some not regardless if they PIF  their debt. Amex is the only lender that has a consistent policy, even though a few fall through the cracks.

I think if you pay a lender off in full you should be taken off the blacklist and have the ability to apply for credit without being automatically denied.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 30
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

@blondy250 wrote:

yes and no people fall behind and dont pay some do it willingly other have limited options  due to circumstance beyond their control ie unexpected medical costs or job loss and some just flat out use credit to live beyond their means.  if you burn a comany once that shouldn't be automatic lifetime denial- how could one rebuild credit if this were the case, this is the reason why negative infomation does not stay on your CR indefinitely.  some people like myself learn the hardway credit is a tool and needs to used wisely not as way to live beyond your means. yes i didn't pay what was owed directly to them but they sold the debt off so they got something, and i eventaully did fulfill my obligation and paid the debt off in full. if all companies black listed, people would be forced to deal w/ the likes of 1st permier forever and we would really be in trouble then......

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 17 of 30
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I've had COs in the past from just about all of them.

BOA

Chase

Citi

Discover

Commenity

GE

I paid them all off, every dime, and now I have new accounts with every one of them.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 18 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

@silverzgirl wrote:

I hear Amex holds a grudge but I burned them waaay back in college. They denied me but did not list negative history (I paid it off.) Got an Amex as a corporate/military travel card and never had issues. They know the company will pay claims.

Citi holds grudges, even with corporate. We settled a few years back on a personal account, so negative history was more recent. Apparently when my company merged, we took their corporate card instead of ours. We had Amex. New company uses Citi. I had a couple of trips coming up so I applied. They rejected my corporate application but told me I could get approved if I get an EVP or higher to cosign. That just was not ever gonna happen.

Amex will forgive when you pay them off. Citibank seems to be inconsistent.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 19 of 30
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

I've had COs in the past from just about all of them.

BOA

Chase

Citi

Discover

Commenity

GE

I paid them all off, every dime, and now I have new accounts with every one of them.

Did you pay them off directly or through outside collections and when you got back in with them what where your scores?

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.