Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2014 off to a good start!!!

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

2014 off to a good start!!!

I've gotten off to a good start in 2014.  1. Approved for a 2nd USAA unsecured credit card @$7,000.  2. Approved for a credit line increase on Discover card from $6,500 to $10,000.  3. Approved for a credit line increase on Chase Slate from $2,500 to $5,000.  Initially declined on the Chase Slate CLI.  Decided to call the backdoor number since I already took the HP.  Representative had me on hold for about 5 minutes (seemed like eternity).  Representative came back and asked the standard questions which I answered fully and then another brief hold.  Representative came back and said I was approved.  CLI available immediately.  I'll have to wait to refresh my reports to see what CRA's they pulled.  I'm sure initially the pull was Equifax, but on recon Chase probably pulled one or both of the two.  Interesting enough, I have 3 baddies on Experian (2 HSBC and 1 Merrick) and only Merrick on Equifax and Transunion.  The two HSBC on Experian show zero balance and chargeoff (paid through a collection agency which is not on report).  All 3 reports show Merrick as a settled chargeoff from 2008 which was settled October 2012.  Chase representative came back to me with I see that you paid a chargeoff to Merrick Bank in October 2013, tell me about that.  I informed representative that it was charged off in 2008 due to a bitter divorce/job change and subsequently paid in October 2012.  The representative never asked about the 2 HSBC accounts, but the amount of hold time makes me think that they probably pulled Experian too.  I had a Chase Freedom in March 2013 and they pulled both Equifax and Experian for that.  However, I'll see tomorrow once I'm able to refresh all my reports.  Smiley Very Happy

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby (1.6M)/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: 2014 off to a good start!!!

@12njoy wrote:

@I've gotten off to a good start in 2014.  1. Approved for a 2nd USAA unsecured credit card @$7,000.  2. Approved for a credit line increase on Discover card from $6,500 to $10,000.  3. Approved for a credit line increase on Chase Slate from $2,500 to $5,000.  Initially declined on the Chase Slate CLI.  Decided to call the backdoor number since I already took the HP.  Representative had me on hold for about 5 minutes (seemed like eternity).  Representative came back and asked the standard questions which I answered fully and then another brief hold.  Representative came back and said I was approved.  CLI available immediately.  I'll have to wait to refresh my reports to see what CRA's they pulled.  I'm sure initially the pull was Equifax, but on recon Chase probably pulled one or both of the two.  Interesting enough, I have 3 baddies on Experian (2 HSBC and 1 Merrick) and only Merrick on Equifax and Transunion.  The two HSBC on Experian show zero balance and chargeoff (paid through a collection agency which is not on report).  All 3 reports show Merrick as a settled chargeoff from 2008 which was settled October 2012.  Chase representative came back to me with I see that you paid a chargeoff to Merrick Bank in October 2013, tell me about that.  I informed representative that it was charged off in 2008 due to a bitter divorce/job change and subsequently paid in October 2012.  The representative never asked about the 2 HSBC accounts, but the amount of hold time makes me think that they probably pulled Experian too.  I had a Chase Freedom in March 2013 and they pulled both Equifax and Experian for that.  However, I'll see tomorrow once I'm able to refresh all my reports.  Smiley Very Happy

@12njoy wrote:

@I've gotten off to a good start in 2014.  1. Approved for a 2nd USAA unsecured credit card @$7,000.  2. Approved for a credit line increase on Discover card from $6,500 to $10,000.  3. Approved for a credit line increase on Chase Slate from $2,500 to $5,000.  Initially declined on the Chase Slate CLI.  Decided to call the backdoor number since I already took the HP.  Representative had me on hold for about 5 minutes (seemed like eternity).  Representative came back and asked the standard questions which I answered fully and then another brief hold.  Representative came back and said I was approved.  CLI available immediately.  I'll have to wait to refresh my reports to see what CRA's they pulled.  I'm sure initially the pull was Equifax, but on recon Chase probably pulled one or both of the two.  Interesting enough, I have 3 baddies on Experian (2 HSBC and 1 Merrick) and only Merrick on Equifax and Transunion.  The two HSBC on Experian show zero balance and chargeoff (paid through a collection agency which is not on report).  All 3 reports show Merrick as a settled chargeoff from 2008 which was settled October 2012.  Chase representative came back to me with I see that you paid a chargeoff to Merrick Bank in October 2013, tell me about that.  I informed representative that it was charged off in 2008 due to a bitter divorce/job change and subsequently paid in October 2012.  The representative never asked about the 2 HSBC accounts, but the amount of hold time makes me think that they probably pulled Experian too.  I had a Chase Freedom in March 2013 and they pulled both Equifax and Experian for that.  However, I'll see tomorrow once I'm able to refresh all my reports.  Smiley Very Happy

Heck yeah!!! that is sure a nice way to start the year!!! congrats! (especially on the chase CLI recon!)

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 2 of 14
12njoy
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv,

Thank you.  I'm so impressed with your lineup.  I'm many years away from that.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 3 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@dodgerslv,

Thank you.  I'm so impressed with your lineup.  I'm many years away from that.

thanks 12njoy! You do have me beat with Amex (2k limit on both revolvers) and Discover (2.5K) though, they both dont seem to like me that much...lol. Believe it or not i have gotten most of my CC in the past year (really have decided to buckle down now and not app). I really feel part of the reason i have my biggest limits with Chase and BofA is because of my banking relationship (have investment accounts with both banks). I still have 2 chargoffs that are both due to fall off spring and summer of this year. Have way too many INQ on EX but that has not been a factor on my recent approvals. You will get there sooner than later!

Message 4 of 14
12njoy
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv,

Thanks.  I don't know why Amex likes me, but I'm so appreciative that they do.  All of the current cards that I have in my siggy have come after March 2013, but most since July 2013.  I have 10k in a Discover savings account which was desposited after I initially received the credit card so this probably titled their decision on the CLI.  Chase has a memory like an elephant and hasn't forgotten my 1993 BK which included them, but it's nice that they are giving me another chance.  The only other two things that I want is a CITI and Duck card.  CITI is out because they too was in that 1993 BK and I've heard that they do blacklist.  I'm okay with that.  After my last Equifax baddie ages past 24 months, I'll apply for the Duck card.  Other than that, no more applications for me.  I'll continue to grow what I have.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 5 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@dodgerslv,

Thanks.  I don't know why Amex likes me, but I'm so appreciative that they do.  All of the current cards that I have in my siggy have come after March 2013, but most since July 2013.  I have 10k in a Discover savings account which was desposited after I initially received the credit card so this probably titled their decision on the CLI.  Chase has a memory like an elephant and hasn't forgotten my 1993 BK which included them, but it's nice that they are giving me another chance.  The only other two things that I want is a CITI and Duck card.  CITI is out because they too was in that 1993 BK and I've heard that they do blacklist.  I'm okay with that.  After my last Equifax baddie ages past 24 months, I'll apply for the Duck card.  Other than that, no more applications for me.  I'll continue to grow what I have.

Yeah, it seems Citi can blacklist for a long time but Chase did decide to give you another chance. And yeah, it looks like OCCU (Duck/Beaver) doesn not like recent baddies. I almost went for it after my Ritz/Prestige/Barclays appovals but didnt want to push it. I am only going to apply for the Amex Delta Platinum and i will be set for a long while.

Message 6 of 14
12njoy
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

___________ 12Njoy
Message 7 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@dodgerslv,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

dont mind at all:

Fico scores:

EX 717

TU 715

EQ 708

AAOA 3yrs. 11 months

INQ:

EX 31 (really ashamed of posting that stat)

EQ 9

TU 4

current UTI  11%

Message 8 of 14
12njoy
Super Contributor

@dodgerslv,

That gives me hope.

Fico scores:

EX 717 (FAKO)

TU 696 (FICO)

EQ 681 (FAKO)

AAOA 2yrs. 7 months

INQ:

EX 8

EQ 1 (most likely another one for Chase inquiry today)

TU 8

___________ 12Njoy
Message 9 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@dodgerslv,

That gives me hope.

Fico scores:

EX 717 (FAKO)

TU 696 (FICO)

EQ 681 (FAKO)

AAOA 2yrs. 7 months

INQ:

EX 8

EQ 1 (most likely another one for Chase inquiry today)

TU 8

you got some nice limits on you already....Im sure if Citi didnt blacklist for such a long time then you would have a couple of cards with them already...dont lose hope though. Eventually we will both have no more baddies on our reports...lol. You are doing a great job!!!

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.