Did you mean: 

2015 Financial Resolutions

tag
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

Re: 2015 Financial Resolutions

Pay off my debt .. about 6k 

Close my citi AA card

Get my name off my cousins student loan i cosigned for 10 years ago ... only 15k but still

Invest 

Work on growing my business big time

Possibly close my freedom or csp(since i have an ink)

Apply for an amex plat business card if i get one of those 150k offers

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 121 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, like you, I don't need anymore credit cards.

My financial goal for 2015 is to pay off my cedit card debts. I started to seriously work on this in the summer of 2013 when I decided that it was time to be honest with myself. And so, I sat down one afternoon and downloaded copies of all of my credit card statements and calculated just how much cc debt I really had. It was a little painful to learn that I now have to find a way to pay off $26K. That year, I created a budget for the first time in my life and applied what little extra I had each month towards my debt. I also decided to apply my year end bonus towards my cc debt as well and have done so for the past 2 years.

At the beginning of this year I made the decision to sell what little stocks I own in order to pay off one more card. This will leave me with a balance of approximately $8,500. $2,500 of this balance is an installment loan which is scheduled to be paid off in Sept. 2015 and I estimate that I will have the additional $6,500 paid off by the end of the year.

My plans after the debt is paid off is to build an emergency fund and save for a down payment on a condo.

It feels really amazing to final be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Message 122 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to accumulate 1,000,000 AMEX MR Points this year. That is my goal. 

Message 123 of 127
jayman2143
Valued Member

I have a few:

- Pay my car off ($5,000 left)

- Pay off my Sallie Mae student loan ($2,800) - I actually completed this one on January 1st. 

- Contribute to a 401K at work (First contribution begins on Friday!)

- Raise my credit limit on my American Express Blue Cash Everday to $10,000

- Start investing on my own. Been wanting to try and get involved in the stock market.

I have a feeling this is going to be a great year!

Message 124 of 127
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

@revvystoke wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

what do you guys resolve to do in the new year?

Stay debt free.

^^^This!  And also continue to save and invest money.

Message 125 of 127
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

thats quite an lofty goal i would be happy with 100k lol 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 126 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

thats quite an lofty goal i would be happy with 100k lol 

Haha, yes it is! I've been putting 25-40 K on my business rewards gold monthly, hoping to maintain these figures. If I can grow my business 40% this year this could add 5-10K more in spending a month which will put me closer. No growth would put me around 300K-480K MR points in 2015. If I could add the 5-10K monthly spend, it would put me in the 410K-600K MR points in 2015 range. Plus I still have the ability to get a big bonus offer to upgrade to Business Platinum and all my personal spending on Personal Platinum and Everyday are not counted in my projections. Here's to hoping! Also all of those figures provided assume 1x point/dollar. When airfare is a good portion of my spending it will be 3x points. 1,000,000 is still a long shot, but I can dream Mongstradamus!!!! I just hope my recent influx of business continues, then I won't care if I get MR points to pay for flights and hotels.

Message 127 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.