Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Financial Resolutions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2015 Financial Resolutions

Everyone's got some really good goals here. I haven't really thought about it. I just know I have the overall goal of 'spending less' as it is. But this thread is making me think that I should sit down and really plan out some good goals like you all have!

Message 31 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

- No new cc apps

- Get military star card to 0

- Get paypal credit to 0

- Only carry a balance for utl purposes

- Get my wife her C300 Sport

Message 32 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

- No new cc apps

- Get military star card to 0

- Get paypal credit to 0

- Only carry a balance for utl purposes

- Get my wife her C300 Sport

C63 ftw.

I love that rumble it makes.

Message 33 of 127
ambivalent
Established Contributor

This is a great thread!

*Refinance cars w/ DCU

*Get increases on all cards

*Garden, garden, garden!! I've got tons of inquiries from my auto loan in July.

*Pay down credit cards to 20% utilization (currently at 32%, but still have purchases to make)

*Spend less on eating out for lunch

*Save at least $50 per check

Here's hoping to a financially fruitful 2015.  2014 was very good to me!

Aiming for 700 across FICO 8 and $150K TCL
Message 34 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add my last three WANT cards. Pay off balances and work on APR reductions and CLIs.

Plus save some money to move out and start on a more substantial emergency fund
Message 35 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good topic and thread

• First and foremost is a platinum spade. No need for more cards this next year. Increase the CL's and let the inquiries fall off, pay on time and try to raise the all important FICO.
  • Increase my 'Going Rate'. Since I don't have a job, just my tax returns for proof of income, I plan on giving myself a small raise of 8% or so on my hourly rate for doing work. Because of the sluggish economy over that last few years, I've resited raising my rates to keep work flowing and the banks happy.
  • Actively pursue another piece of real estate, either for the long run or a quick flip for a nice profit. It's a goal every year to pick up another piece that will make retirement a little nicer from the cash flow and write offs.
  • I'll never have 0% percent utilization in any given month as I use my cards for business. But since finding this board and knowing how and what to look for as far as closing dates, posting dates and reporting dates from the card companies and to the CRA's, I feel I can keep my utilization under 10% even if I'm spending 10 to 20k per month on them. Currently at 12%
  • As already mentioned in this thread, Maximize Rewards. I'll never beat the big companies at a game they pretty much have complete control over, but every 2 to 5% I can get back is a small victory for money I'm going to have to spend anyways.
  • Be on the lookout towards the end of next year for the best rewards / 0% interest card for 2016. Do my best to grab that puppy next Dec. when my first goal is reached.

I reserved the right to add to these small goals as this year comes to an end.Smiley Wink

Message 36 of 127
ElBarrbaro
Valued Member

Get my first 10K card

Message 37 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ElBarrbaro wrote:

Get my first 10K card

Get my first $20K card.

Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me two. I want a few CLIs so I can crack the 20s. I don't know what the exposure limit for chase is though?

Message 39 of 127
jamie123
Valued Contributor

I have a couple of biggies this year:

1. Have 2 BIG baddies removed that will probably end up costing me $85 to $90K.

2. Buy a house this summer.

Yeah, I'll be busy but I will also have spotless reports!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 40 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.