Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2015 Financial Resolutions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2015 Financial Resolutions

Read the fine print. you might be able to switch it to a brokerage style account. Mine was Fidelity before I made the changes. There was some paperwork involved, but I was able to maintain the 401K tax deferal abilities and use it to trade stocks. 

EDIT: I think it was called the "Brokerage Link" option. 

Your Creditlineup is exact same as that of mine (except for amazon <-> DCU)

Message 81 of 127
javonnj
Valued Member

My goals for 2015:

- SAVE, SAVE, SAVE!

- Work towards paying off my student loans. I renegotiated my monthly amount with Navient, and it is more manageable for me as opposed to before. 

- Continue to garden with the two cards that I currently have. 

- Save at least $10,000 

- Increase my credit score into the high 600's/low 700's. I did a good job of learning this year about the importance of utilization, and was able to raise my score about 80 points this year to 600.

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 500
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 82 of 127
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Here is my list

1. Start a FSA account for misc medical expenses for the taxable income savings  (already signed up, starts January)

2. Increase deposits into Son's College Savings plan.

3. Increase Deferred Compensation Account

4. Increase DW's 401k

5. Refinance home, hopefully with local CU

6. Transition most personal banking from current bank to local CU

VC, this is quite the list, all of it good. As a word of warning, FSA's are generally "use it or lose it," so only put in that which you can be reasonably certain you're going to use. 

Yeah, thanks for the tip.  I didn't put that much in (little over 1k) and I also found that my company allows a 2-3 month extension to spend whats left.  I figured if nothing else, the family will have the latest glasses frames each year lol.  I just got tired of the 20 dollars here, 30 there and small bills throughout the year.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 83 of 127
SpaceInvader
New Contributor

My goals:

-Negotiate my raise. I get a raise every year and negotiate it every year to a higher amount then offered. I think everyone should have this practice. Never settle for what is offered rather fight for what you know you are worth and ask it. Be willing to settle for bump in non-monetary benefits like paying for a particular training you want, extra PH's, etc. but always negotiate. Be tactful though Smiley Happy

-Stay in Garden - let the cards age. I don't really have a need for any rewards cards as i don't travel much at moment so the QS1 with its 1.5% cash back is good for me.

-Increase my emergency fund; contribute to college fund for kids; work on paying student loans. I paid off about 10k this year so i want to keep that momentum going.

-Get an investment property for rental income.

-Save early part of the year for a nice family vacation over summer.

That is all for now.

Gardening since: 4/2015
Starting Score: 666 Current Score: 688(Barclay FICO) Goal Score: 750

Message 84 of 127
Kellan
Regular Contributor

This year I got every credit card I wanted. No new cards for me next year.

Goals for 2015 are

1. Get spending under control. I spend less than I make but more than I need too. (Why did I buy that new iPad Mini)
  2. Increase emergecy fund.
  3. Save enough to take my mom to Ireland first class without incuring debt.
  4. Pay down student loans.
  5. Acheive the Fico 700 club (So darn close)
EQ: 678
TU: 699
EX: 736
Message 85 of 127
Aarvard
Established Contributor

My only wish is that I can stay in the garden for more than 6 months. App itch is really tempting to scratch!!!

03/25/2015 TU 08 765, EX 08 747, EQ 08 757, EQ 04 754.
01/30/2016 TU 08 775, EX 08 752, EQ 08 744
Goal: 780+ across all models.
Message 86 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

2015 Goals:

1) Hit $40,000 in savings

2) Increase my AMEX BCP CL to $20,000

3) Increase my Discover CL to $7,000

4) Be in the garden for 6 months to a year

Message 87 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hopefully I can get my Cap1 to raise my limit to 15k
And I would like to get Credit Card picures under my message like the most of you

Message 88 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hopefully I can get my Cap1 to raise my limit to 15k
And I would like to get Credit Card picures under my message like the most of you

I have to ask. How in the devil did you get your Freedom down to 10.24%?

Message 89 of 127
Anonymous
Not applicable

31k for downpayment (already have 13)
5k in Cash Assets (already have 3)
Contribute 11% of Earnings to Retirement Investments
7k 401k (a measly 1.5k today Smiley Sad )
5k IRA (opening a 3k vanguard account end of jan)
Another Installment Loan of some sort. I wanted to get a personal loan to update my computer and stuff. But maybe that needs to be a business loan. 

Add a AMEX Business CC so I can have all the purchase protection when I update my computer hardware. I know they know I have a side business that isn't really functional at the moment. I'm too petrified to buy anything computer related on my personal cards. 

Message 90 of 127
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.