2015 Surprises

tag
12njoy
Super Contributor

Re: 2015 Surprises

@Anonymous wrote:
For me 2015 had a few surprises...

How truly horrific my credit was.

Getting approved for a car loan before doing ANY work on my credit. (Albeit at a horrific interest rate to match horrific credit)

Actually getting unsecured credit, even with low limits. They were good to me so I'm good to them.

And it isn't over yet. I'm anxious to see what the last bit of 2015 hold in store.

Congrats.  I found in 2012 when I first got my secured cards, that realizing my credit sucked so bad, I couldn't buy my way out of a paper bag, was the beginning of my journey.  It sounds like you are well on your way.  Upward and onward for you.  The future of your credit is in your hands and it looks promising as you're off to a good start.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 11 of 98
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

Actually 10 mons is now, and it got the CLI to 25k about 2 mons ago so really 8 mons. Also 12njoy thank you for all the experiments and advice you have contributed to this forum!!

That's even better.  Is that the Amex version you have?  Thanks for your support.  I have learned just as much from you all as well, so thank you.

Lol I wish, I made the epic error of applying online vs in-store to get the amex, but oh well.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 12 of 98
Anonymous
Not applicable

@12njoy wrote:

Super congrats on a job well done FutCRNA.  Approvals have a way of brightening up your day.  Next year will bring you bigger and better lines I'm sure.

Thanks! I know how you feel when you closed in on 600k. lol I wanted to break the 100k mark when I started apping in Aug. I believe I was at 15k total cl when I started. Now I am closing in on 200k. I said I was going to garden, but I may try for the extra 30k by years end. haha

Message 13 of 98
12njoy
Super Contributor

@willwar14 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

Actually 10 mons is now, and it got the CLI to 25k about 2 mons ago so really 8 mons. Also 12njoy thank you for all the experiments and advice you have contributed to this forum!!

That's even better.  Is that the Amex version you have?  Thanks for your support.  I have learned just as much from you all as well, so thank you.

Lol I wish, I made the epic error of applying online vs in-store to get the amex, but oh well.

I've read on these boards (can't guarantee it) that a request for the Amex version is a SP.  I dont have the card so I cant say for sure, but worth a call to ask creditor.  A 25k Macy's Amex would be even better

___________ 12Njoy
Message 14 of 98
Ron1
Super Contributor

Wrong post.

Ron.

Message 15 of 98
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

Super congrats on a job well done FutCRNA.  Approvals have a way of brightening up your day.  Next year will bring you bigger and better lines I'm sure.

Thanks! I know how you feel when you closed in on 600k. lol I wanted to break the 100k mark when I started apping in Aug. I believe I was at 15k total cl when I started. Now I am closing in on 200k. I said I was going to garden, but I may try for the extra 30k by years end. haha

I hear you.  Congrats on that 200k.  My goal was 100k originally then switched to 250k.  The next goal jumped all the way to 500k because I wanted to be a half millionaire (in credit only ha ha).  Then I kept going.  It's easy to keep going when you look back at where you came from.  It just opens up so many possibilities.  I only use a fraction of the credit I have, but it's nice to have and know that if anything happened, I can cover it.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 16 of 98
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

My main surprise was getting approved for CSP! I thought I would have to wait two years before I could app for CSP since my 5/24 window was closing very quickly.Smiley Happy

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 17 of 98
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@12njoy wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

@willwar14 wrote:

I've read on these boards (can't guarantee it) that a request for the Amex version is a SP.  I dont have the card so I cant say for sure, but worth a call to ask creditor.  A 25k Macy's Amex would be even better

Indeed it was, that was before they upgraded their systems now theres no option to upgrade to the Amex, the only way to get it is to go into a Macy's and apply for it (and it would be a HP and a new TL)

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 18 of 98
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:
I respect your decision. You need to what you had to.

Ron.

Thanks Ron.  I did listen to what you had to say in our private chat.  Based on that information and what others had said with what I was told by credit solutions, that was the only choice.

___________ 12Njoy
Message 19 of 98
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Discover2016 wrote:

My main surprise was getting approved for CSP! I thought I would have to wait two years before I could app for CSP since my 5/24 window was closing very quickly.Smiley Happy

Congrats.  Love that cool looking/feeling CSP card

___________ 12Njoy
Message 20 of 98
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.