Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2017 AmEx Travel Credit

tag
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: 2017 AmEx Travel Credit

@resilient wrote:

I am in that boat too....bought $200 on January 5.....nothing. Upgraded to economy comfort on two flights a day later, both credits posted. Only difference on my billing was the gift card added a delta.com, while my upgrades just said delta. I was going to get them anyway, so I'm okay with it. I'll call back after the 14 days is up to ask for a manual review.

@UncleB wrote:

@iheartwings wrote:

I bought a $200 gift certificate on delta.com on January 2. The credit still has not shown up on my account, which is somewhat unusual since it has usually been credited fairly quickly.

Not sure if it has anything to do with it being the beginning of the year.

I've read elsewhere about people having problems with getting the reimbursement with Delta GCs specifically if the amount was over $50, which is why I'm sticking to $50 increments myself. 

Hopefully that's not the case with you, though, and they are just backed up. 

Interesting. The transaction is listed as a passenger ticket with details. It matters not to me about the GC, as I'll use it for travel again in a couple months. If it doesn't go through I suppose I could try to $50 x4 GC route later this year. Or, I'll just keep buying bloody Mary's when in the main cabin. Smiley Wink 

Message 51 of 52
resilient
Established Contributor

Re: 2017 AmEx Travel Credit

Mine, too, says passenger ticket, while my seat upgrades say taxes/miscellaneous. That's probably why mine wasn't automatic. I called today and a CSR said I'd have it in 5 business days. Fingers crossed.

Amex Platinum Amex PRG Amex Hilton Surpass ($7k) Citi AAdvantage WEMC ($20k) Citi Hilton Honors VS ($6.8k) Dillard's Amex ($7.5k) Discover it ($6.5k) FNBO Chrysler MC ($30k) Military Star Card ($4.8k) Nordstrom VS ($25k) PenFed Power Cash Rewards VS ($20.5k) Ritz-Carlton VI ($54.5k) Starwood Preferred Guest Amex ($10k) Susan G. Komen WMC ($38k) Kinetic CU Visa ($10k) US Bank Cash + VS ($16k) Sears MC ($6k) USAA Limitless VS ($15k) Walmart MC ($7.5k) AAdvantage Aviator Silver WEMC ($11.3k)
Message 52 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.