Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20k BT Just For The Hell Of It?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20k BT Just For The Hell Of It?

Ive seen targeted ones for way higher than $175.
Message 11 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Really.. Then I must have been duped then.  No biggie...  I will find a way to get them back..

Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really.. Then I must have been duped then.  No biggie...  I will find a way to get them back..

It prob just depends on where you are located. They likely have different offers for different areas

Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It prob just depends on where you are located. They likely have different offers for different areas

Probably.. I have been a chase customer for a long time so maybe just for new people?  I hate when banks do that..  Oh well..  

Message 14 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Runitup wrote:

Cap 1 is offering a BT at my purchase rate of 13.99% with no fee.  So I figured I'd take a check from them and deposit it in my checking account and at the same time get Chase/Discover to pay it off with the 0% no fee BT.  Figure worst case scenario, park it in a high yielding savings account/CD for 12 months.  Or, I could throw a 1990's style Tyco party, lol.

I must be missing something!   Why involve Cap One at all?   Cant you take a check from Discover and do the same thing?

Message 15 of 26
Runitup
Regular Contributor

No I don't have access checks. Neither Chase nor Discover will do a direct deposit.
Message 16 of 26
Runitup
Regular Contributor

I have .99% with Ally and 6 allowable transactions per month. That would be my worst case scenario.
Message 17 of 26
dethkultur
Contributor

This might be worth it if you can open up a Lending Club account (as an investor.)

There are several links out there to get a $50-100 bonus to open the account

You can make 5-7% in a year super-safely, and a little less safely if you fund some riskier loans (and with the diversification $20k gives you, chances are excellent.)

At the end of 12 months you have to take a 1% hit to sell the loans early. Or you can roll the CC balance over to another BT while the loans continue to pay.

With my total credit, I wouldn't be comfortable with it, but if my util wouldn't get hit badly, I would seriously consider doing this.

Message 18 of 26
Runitup
Regular Contributor

That's what I'm talking about. The banks want to give me essentially free money I'm just trying to find ways to take advantage. I was thinking about potentially doing the Lending Club thing and some other things.
Message 19 of 26
IWOL
Established Contributor

@Runitup wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. The banks want to give me essentially free money I'm just trying to find ways to take advantage. I was thinking about potentially doing the Lending Club thing and some other things.

Lending Club investing is not without risk. You will potentially be putting a strain on your relationship with your creditors. Its just not worth it for the small return.

If you could scale it up to say a million dollars borrowed at 0% with no risk on the pricniple and a 1% return that might be worth it but why mess with your creditors for $200?

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.