Frequent Contributor
suzook1

22% to 9.9% with cap one

all from just calling the backdoor

thank you myfico

New Contributor
favre_2_free

Re: 22% to 9.9% with cap one

How did you get that done?  I'd really like to give that a whirl!

Amex Gold, Capital One VentureOne & Platium Cards, AAA BoA Signature Visa, Barclays Airtran & Frontier Airlines Cards, Paypal MC, Best Buy RewardZone Mastercard and Chase Speedway Mastercard....and I FINALLY Welcome to Discover...thank you and have a great day!!!!
EX: 667 (8/6 Amex App) - EQ 700 - TU 697
Frequent Contributor
suzook1

I have a cap one platinum that has been open since 2000. Never had a late payment but I have hit the max ceiling CL at $2900

So I called today to see if I could get a venture card or something but a no go. He then without asking, offered the interest rate reduction which I thought was a nice treat.

too bad though I just paid off the card and dont plan on carrying a balance.

Plan to wait till 2012 and apply for a better card that has more flexibility as this has really been a rebuilders card for me.

Contributor
AustinTex21

I called Cap 1 last week to see what my interest rate was, and I was surprised when they told me 21%!...I never realized it was this high because I usually PIF, however I asked if there was any way to lower this and she said no not permanently, but she did give me a promotion of 5% for 12 months on purchases, and then it will go back up to the previous amount..I was very thankful and accepted, however I still will be paying this in full, but nice to know she was willing to do something for me...has anyone else experienced temporary ones like this?

10/18/11 EXP - 719 FICO (BofA Pull)
9/19/11 EQ - 707 Fako
9/19/11 TU - 707 Fako

BoA Accel Rewards Amex, Chase Sapphire Preferred, CITI Aadvantage Select Amex, AMEX Zync, Discover More, Cap 1 Plat, PayPal Extras MC, Sears MC

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}