Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 Years 52K Limit Citi Prestige (150K) Total Citi

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: 25 years of Citi 48.5K Limit (115K) Total Citi

very impressive! but i'm more impressed by how many years you've had that card! thanks for shaing Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 31 of 66
JP1950

@GFer wrote:

@I'm curious and inspired by the Best Buy, as well. Use it often? Carry balances? Lots of use? I'm @ $8k now, but I would love to have your cl....lol

I will only use it for the 18 months payments on items there. But I try and pay it off ASAP. Never longer them 4-5 months.

Message 32 of 66
JP1950

@dbutz1109 wrote:

For JP1950...

I also have the Sears Mastercard with Citi. How do you like it? How long have you had it and have you asked for CLI's or were they auto?

Thanks in advance!

Its a fine card. Iv had that card for about 10 years. All where auto.

Message 33 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Just saw the update to the CL, that's great!  Do you know if they did a new hard pull, or were just able to give you more without?

Message 34 of 66
JP1950

@longtimelurker wrote:

Just saw the update to the CL, that's great!  Do you know if they did a new hard pull, or were just able to give you more without?

It was not a hard pull I asked. Said they did it just by my history with them.

Message 35 of 66
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

Re: 25 Years 52K Limit Citi Prestige (150K) Total Citi

WOWSA!

On one card you have almost as much as I do on my whole portfolio.

WOWSA, WOWSA, WOWSA

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 36 of 66
madmann26
Valued Contributor

@JP1950 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

It was not a hard pull I asked. Said they did it just by my history with them.

^^^ That's when you know you're a pimp.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 37 of 66
GFer
Valued Contributor

@JP1950 wrote:

@GFer wrote:

@I'm curious and inspired by the Best Buy, as well. Use it often? Carry balances? Lots of use? I'm @ $8k now, but I would love to have your cl....lol

I will only use it for the 18 months payments on items there. But I try and pay it off ASAP. Never longer them 4-5 months.

Good to know, as that's exactly what I use mine for. I've had three several since last year and about the pay the most recent off. I was excited when citi took over. They seem to be so much more generous than cap1. I do not like the flimsy new cards though!

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 66
Sevenfeet
Regular Contributor

So let me get this straight...

You've been with Citi for 25 years and had your old Citi Mastercard product sitting pretty at 48.5K CL.  You decide to take Citi up on an offer for a World Elite Mastercard and they oblidge for 38.5K.  You call them up and say that's not enough and they raise you another 14K+ to 52.8K???  Seriously?  Now you're just showing off.  Smiley Happy  And on top of that, you still have another 50K+ in Citi branded store cards.

Wow....

Message 39 of 66
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Thats great I wonder how far I will go with Citi. So far so good Id say.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.