25 Years 52K Limit Citi Prestige (150K) Total Citi

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 25 years of Citi 48.5K Limit (115K) Total Citi

@JP1950 wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

No I have not requested any ont hem yet. Do you think thats a good idea at this point?

If you would use an increased CL on those cards, why not try for it?

Does anybody know if I could add the limit of my old card to my new card to conbind the limits if they will backdate it the 25 years?

they would probably easily add the limit and combine but I don't think you will get them to backdate a brand new account 25 years.

Message 51 of 66
JP1950

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

No I have not requested any ont hem yet. Do you think thats a good idea at this point?

Does anybody know if I could add the limit of my old card to my new card to conbind the limits if they will backdate it the 25 years?

they would probably easily add the limit and combine but I don't think you will get them to backdate a brand new account 25 years.

Should I give them a call and find out? That would be one huge credit limit on one card.

Message 52 of 66
JP1950

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

I called up and asked about a few things said they could possibly combined them but could not say until she tried it. Also said if I wanted to request any increases it would go by what they already have from yesterday if I did it soon. She also said they could change my 25 year old card to the prestige card that why nothing would change and I could use my old one until the new one comes in. Told her I would call back and le them know.

Message 53 of 66
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JP1950 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

I called up and asked about a few things said they could possibly combined them but could not say until she tried it. Also said if I wanted to request any increases it would go by what they already have from yesterday if I did it soon. She also said they could change my 25 year old card to the prestige card that why nothing would change and I could use my old one until the new one comes in. Told her I would call back and le them know.

what's the prestige earn? what's your old card earn?

as far as request, she means like on the old card that you have not requested increase on?

didn't i see a 3rd smaller under $20k card? I would request on that and then combine that into the new and the old and keep just the 2.

then think about requesting on the co-branded cards since you never have before good chance some or all of them would come back with the instant citi counter with sp... based on your $40k+ limits on these 2 if you decide to request on best buy, home depot i would ask for at least $40 also.

Message 54 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

One thing to think about is that you might not like the Prestige (or at least not enough to justify the annual fee).  If you have combined many of your limits into that one, you will have to ask for another change etc, or pay the AF.  So, not sure how many eggs you want in one basket...

Message 55 of 66
JP1950

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

@chwebb1 wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

what's the prestige earn? what's your old card earn?

as far as request, she means like on the old card that you have not requested increase on?

didn't i see a 3rd smaller under $20k card? I would request on that and then combine that into the new and the old and keep just the 2.

then think about requesting on the co-branded cards since you never have before good chance some or all of them would come back with the instant citi counter with sp... based on your $40k+ limits on these 2 if you decide to request on best buy, home depot i would ask for at least $40 also.

It would earn more points then my old one and 1% cash on everything. Requests on Home Depot, Sears and Best Buy.

Message 56 of 66
JP1950

@longtimelurker wrote:

One thing to think about is that you might not like the Prestige (or at least not enough to justify the annual fee).  If you have combined many of your limits into that one, you will have to ask for another change etc, or pay the AF.  So, not sure how many eggs you want in one basket...

I do think I would like it. More points and 1% cash back. It would earn more points then the one now and has travle rewards as well.

Message 57 of 66
JP1950

@longtimelurker wrote:

I forgot she also said something like I should conbind them first then go for CLI's on the store credit cards as the higher limit may help. Is that true?

Message 58 of 66
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@JP1950 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I forgot she also said something like I should conbind them first then go for CLI's on the store credit cards as the higher limit may help. Is that true?

normally maybe but in your case you are in the $40's and $50k... i would prefer to hit it now with internal history then after another $50k gets added to the internal risk limit.

Message 59 of 66
JP1950

@Creditaddict wrote:

@JP1950 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

normally maybe but in your case you are in the $40's and $50k... i would prefer to hit it now with internal history then after another $50k gets added to the internal risk limit.

Would the 50k not already be in there as it was approved? 

Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.