Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 Years Citi $124,300 Limit Card & Store Cards

tag
JP1950

25 Years Citi $124,300 Limit Card & Store Cards

This is an update to my old post.

You can read it HERE.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/25-Years-52K-Limit-Citi-Prestige-150K-Total-Citi/td-p/2...

Thought I would make a new post so I could show all the new images.

Please also keep in mind it took 25 years to get this kind of a limit with Citi.

Yesterday I applied for a Citi Prestige card and got approved right away. Then after a lot of thinking and talking with some people I called to combine the limits of my two main Citi cards. My 25 year old Dividend World Master card and the new Prestige card. After about an hour on the phone and talking to about 5 people it was all said and done. They combined the limits and I got approved for all the CLI’s.  

I got my 25 year old card changed from the Dividend World Master card to the new Prestige card with the combined limits so I will not need to close that card and can keep going hopefully anything 25 years.

I was asked by the last people I talked to how much would I like on my other cards. I said $40,000.00 as recommended on here. Then how much money did I make and have in the bank and if I would be willing to provide proof if needed. I said yes I would. He said Thank You and after about 20 more minutes all was done can I can use my old card until the new one comes in but both will still work until the old one expires. Ill post updated photos below.  

Needless to say I think I'm done asking for things from Citi for now. I guess this just goes to show that if you stay with somebody for a long time they will give you what you want.

All I can say is Thank You Citi!

Also thanks for all the help and advice with my last post!

FICO: 814

Experian: 802

Would be happy to answer any questions. Smiley Happy

(Still my 25 year old card)

(Combined Limits)

(Updated BestBuy with New CLI $15,000.00>$37,200.00)

(Updated HomeDepot with New CLI $17,700.00>$34,400.00)

(Updated Sears Master Card with New CLI $18,100.00>$39,500.00)

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Strepthroat
Frequent Contributor

Re: 25 Years Citi $124,300 Limit Card & Store Cards

You did that!!  Awesome too they didn't ask to verify income, especially with over 25 years history with them. 

Chase Marriott Visa $25,000 | Chase Southwest Visa $25,000 | PFCU Visa $20,000 | Capital One Savor $20,000 | Nordstrom Visa $20,000 | GUCU Visa $10,500 | CapitalOne Quicksilver Visa $10,000 | US Bank Perks Visa $9,000 | Barclays Cash Forward Visa $6,000 | BB&T Spectrum Cash Visa $3,500
Message 2 of 37
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I thought I was seeing thing, but once my eyes came into focus....I said WHOA (Joey Voice from "Blossom")

Now let me PM you my Xmas list!Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 37
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Holy crap... 124,300 I fell off my chair no joke... 

This is crazy... If you dont mind me asking what is your income level.

Also what is the most usage you have ever had. I also have multiple cards with one bank not citi, but the reason why i wouldnt combine them is that what if 5 years down the road they see you never use so much credit. And to decrease their exposure to you they decrease your limit ??? 

Message 4 of 37
Mellon
Established Contributor

i hate you....LOL..j/k

I guess this proves that relationships matter with Citi

Congrats

Message 5 of 37
JP1950

@Strepthroat wrote:

You did that!!  Awesome too they didn't ask to verify income, especially with over 25 years history with them. 

Yep, they asked if i would if needed but he never said anything about it so I guess its all good.

Message 6 of 37
JP1950

@L-TWT wrote:

I thought I was seeing thing, but once my eyes came into focus....I said WHOA (Joey Voice from "Blossom")

Now let me PM you my Xmas list!Smiley Wink

Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 37
JP1950

@youngman1234 wrote:

Holy crap... 124,300 I fell off my chair no joke... 

This is crazy... If you dont mind me asking what is your income level.

Also what is the most usage you have ever had. I also have multiple cards with one bank not citi, but the reason why i wouldnt combine them is that what if 5 years down the road they see you never use so much credit. And to decrease their exposure to you they decrease your limit ??? 

I dont mind you asking. Now it's about $220,000 a year. I'm in the rental business so it does go up and down.

Message 8 of 37
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

wow..you did it Smiley Happy....maybe I should show this to BofA and see what my 27year old Visa would be worth..just kidding, my income does not support such CLs...LOL
Message 9 of 37
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Wait so ur exposed to citi to approx 70% of ur yearly income... That's Crzy...

My income is close to that and they only have me 24k on my prestige...lol
Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.