Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

25 Years Citi $124,300 Limit Card & Store Cards

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 25 Years Citi $124,300 Limit Card & Store Cards

@ZeroChance wrote:

This thread has inspired me to ask for credit line increases on my credit cards.  I have one BofA credit card that is 20 years old, but I do not get regular auto CLI.  How does one even justify needing a credit limit so high?

ZC

I justify by that's what i want and if you won't give it to me someone else will and then i will use there card so do you want me to use yours or someone elses!? Smiley Tongue

not completely like that but... haha

Message 31 of 37
youngman1234
Established Contributor

BOA does give limits that high... I have gotten alot of love from them this week...lol
Message 32 of 37
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I'm so envious of your Citi card. I'm so not worthy.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 33 of 37
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chwebb1 wrote:

I'm so envious of your Citi card. I'm so not worthy.

If you're letting CLs define you as a person, then this is the wrong perspective.  They're simply financial tools that with time, like the OP, you can get there as well.

Message 34 of 37
awp317
Frequent Contributor

Thats nuts how much credit they extended overall. It just goes to show that history and very little inquries are the way to it, and unfortuanly that takes time and patience lol. Got my first card about 9 years ago from usaa. The rest have all been in only the last couple years. Hopefully in 20 years or so citi is that nice to me lol. 

How hard was the process of combining limits? I have been thinking about asking for a limit increase on my premier card. then asking them to combine it with my prestige. 

Amex Platinum NPSL I Chase Sapphire Reserve 78K I Chase Freedom U 55k I JP Morgan Ritz 50k I B OF A Cash Rewards 50k I Barclay Black Luxury 43,750 I Capital One QuickSilver 40K I Amex BCP 34k I Amex Optima Platinum 30k I Barclays Arrival+ World E 29k I Merril+ 27,800 I Lowes 25k I Pen Fed PR Visa Sig 20K I Home Depot 17k I NFCU Cash Rewards 8k

Amex Biz Platinum NPSL I Lowes Business 42k I Amex Simply Cash + $22,500 I Chase Ink 21K I B of A World Points $20,500 I B of A Bus MasterCard 16k I Amex SPG 3K.
Message 35 of 37
JP1950

@awp317 wrote:

Thats nuts how much credit they extended overall. It just goes to show that history and very little inquries are the way to it, and unfortuanly that takes time and patience lol. Got my first card about 9 years ago from usaa. The rest have all been in only the last couple years. Hopefully in 20 years or so citi is that nice to me lol. 

How hard was the process of combining limits? I have been thinking about asking for a limit increase on my premier card. then asking them to combine it with my prestige. 

I just called up and asked and it was done. Not sure if its alwasy that easy.

Message 36 of 37
JP1950

I just thought I would give the people that wanted to know a quick update. I check my scores to see if they had updated yet with the limit new limits. They did and they:

Before:

FICO: 814

Experian: 802

After:

FICO: 821

Experian: 810

It also does not show as a new account as they linked them together just the higher limit.

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.