Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28.99% int. rate... AAAAHHHH!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 28.99% int. rate... AAAAHHHH!

.......they really didn't have any reason at all to jack my rate - they did it because they could.

..........they have the power and they know it. Also, with the new laws coming into effect in just over a year (I think), I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of RJing now, since the companies' ability to do it will be hampered in the future.

I know this isn't going to happen but....Get to a zero balance America and put all but the good companies out of business. Screw'm

Message 11 of 14
marty56
Super Contributor

upperleft wrote: 
No advice for how to get them to drop the rate; with credit so tight right now, they have the power and they know it.

No we have the power.  Just PIF and if we need to revolve a balance for a major purcahse, look for 0% finance deals.  If we cant PIF, pay down as quick as possible.  Never revolve a balance for discretionary spending.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Merrick Bank has been at 30.7% since 2004.  I keep it for history and pif.  So who's the loser here?  I use it every 4 months.  They issue other cards like Hooters and Geico.  I have called them about it and they just don't care.  I have perfect history with them but you have to put your payment in 2 days early.
Message 13 of 14
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Apologize for Threadjacking, but did Chase do a hard pull to lower your interest rate

No hard pull for the interest rate reduction, but they did do one for every single CLI. 

Here we go again...
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.