cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

28 POINTS DROP AFTER NEW ACCOUNT HIT MY CR.

tag
donahue
Valued Member

Re: 28 POINTS DROP AFTER NEW ACCOUNT HIT MY CR.

I hope so

Message 11 of 13
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

I just checked my tu score after reading this post. My 817 went down to 804 after my new CSP just reported. Luckily the hard pull went to exp where I didn't have any or my tu report would of dropped 25ish points too. I guess even with perfect history, 9 year aofa ,1% utilization, and a 20 year oldest account, if you ever hit 800 you won't stay there long if you app for new credit.
Message 12 of 13
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

It's because of what NonSufficientFunds pointed out. Everyone is affected differently by credit actions, and it just so happened that you had a long way to fall. You will recover quickly as all of that ages - but you now realize why it is so rare to join the 800 club. It requires perfect payments, long history, low utilization, and no active credit seeking behavior. Basically, it is reserved for those who are stable. Most of us on the forums are anything but stable Smiley Tongue

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.