Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2cli and a loc (advice-discover/chase)

tag
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

2cli and a loc (advice-discover/chase)

today im paying off roughly most of my debt( with an interest free loan from my parents) (for a few months) 

my util will be under 15%. 

now i wanted to ask for a cli on chase freedom, and my discover it. they will both be at 0 balances. im just looking to do this to raise limits, not that ill actually spend it. (a freedom signature is a goal for me though) 

ill be applying for a ploc, which pulls eq.( i know because i applied last year) only requirements i was told was a 680 credit score (which when i had a lot of debt i was at 679 and nothing has changed so im good there) and a dti of <40% which i should be good there too after all my balances and charge card report 0. 

im assuming after i apply, ill be good after that as to my knowledge they dont pull again. 

now i pc my citizens cash back, to their new card which earns 1.5% all the time plus a bonus .3% if you purchase repetedly, and dd cashback into a account with them for a 10%bonus on reward points.  

planning on pc my citi diamond do a dc card( on 3/16 after statement cuts. thats when my 0% is over) 

basically i guess im asking who do they pull ( i know chase does, not sure about discover though) ive had my freedom since 7/2012 and discover since 9/2013

sorry for the book. i can provide balances/inq if needed. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 2cli and a loc (advice-discover/chase)

Bump for help 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would not apply for anything. If you've been maxed out I would work on being more responsible with credit and then focus on paying your folks back.
Message 3 of 4
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would not apply for anything. If you've been maxed out I would work on being more responsible with credit and then focus on paying your folks back.

i wasnt maxed out like fully, i was at 52% util. 

the reason why i took the money was because i had a couple high balances on HIGH interest (17.99 and 19.99) cards. 

the point of the ploc is to consolidate, and have a lower interest at 9%

yes its not 0% or 0 balance. but ive payed alot of debt off myself before my parents lent me their tax refund. 

since i have no need for any kind of credit or big purchases, while my util is down, i thought id ask for a couple cli, to match the ones i have on other cards. 

tbh i dont really care for discover to cli, more freedom so i can get a visa signature. 

besides util, my credit is "perfect" as in no lates, no derogs anything. 

i looked today, newest account is 1.6 years old, oldest is 4.4 with an aaoa of 2.9 years, over 15 accounts/ 2 are closed. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.