Did you mean: 

2nd Amex card question?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: 2nd Amex card question?

@dodgerslv wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:
Thanks. I know about the soft pull decline, hard pull approved, but thought I've read instances where they just used the last soft they had on you. Not a current or new soft.

still undecisive if to pull the trigger or not. Just afraid that this will hurt my chances on getting approved for the 3x CLI on my BCP the 30th of May. Will most likely wait till after that has passed before i pull the trigger.

WAIT!

New account cancels your cli time... you get cli, THEN new account.

But WHY Costco Amex?? BCP does same and more!

Message 11 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:
Thanks. I know about the soft pull decline, hard pull approved, but thought I've read instances where they just used the last soft they had on you. Not a current or new soft.

still undecisive if to pull the trigger or not. Just afraid that this will hurt my chances on getting approved for the 3x CLI on my BCP the 30th of May. Will most likely wait till after that has passed before i pull the trigger.

WAIT!

Oh really? didnt know that addict...thanks for the info and will definitely wait until then. I have always wanted the Costco card cuz i shop there quite often. The BCP and the TE are the only two revolvers that i want from the AMEX family plus with the membership there is no AF on the card so no harm having it....lol.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@dodgerslv wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

WAIT!

Oh really? didnt know that addict...thanks for the info and will definitely wait until then. I have always wanted the Costco card cuz i shop there quite often. The BCP and the TE are the only two revolvers that i want from the AMEX family plus with the membership there is no AF on the card so no harm having it....lol.

I guess since it back dates and would be a 2nd card with amex you could be building a $25k credit line on for no added HP but otherwise unless you are racking up the $6k in gas or what ever the limit is, you are duplicating the blue... I had my partner get Costco and it took me a year to get him to finally get the blue... we will be at 62 days next week and im praying to get the 3x then was going to move CL from Costco to blue to get it to the $25k and then leave the costco open "I guess" but really don't want it AT ALL and would rather something like Mercedes or a hotel card even though we travel so little... the Costco Card is just SO USELESS (I'm still not living it down that I INSISTED he get it as the best card... it was right as the blue cash preferred came out and I was having a one track mind I guess)

Message 13 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Wait wait,
What do you mean "cancels" cli time??!
Example:
My next 3xcli is in June... Say I app for a Delta or Jetblue Amex and get approved.
Would I then not be eligible for that 3xcli?!?

AND don't you end up with a hp even if denied if you are not logged in when you apply?

Sorry, but these questions have been burning me lately!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Wait wait,
Example:
My next 3xcli is in June... Say I app for a Delta or Jetblue Amex and get approved.

AND don't you end up with a hp even if denied if you are not logged in when you apply?

I "think" it's just when it comes to the 62 day CLI that if you get another account or a CLI from another account you cancel out that 62 day and would have to wait the full 6 months.

Message 15 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dodgerslv wrote:

@icloud2525 wrote:

WAIT!

I guess since it back dates and would be a 2nd card with amex you could be building a $25k credit line on for no added HP but otherwise unless you are racking up the $6k in gas or what ever the limit is, you are duplicating the blue... I had my partner get Costco and it took me a year to get him to finally get the blue... we will be at 62 days next week and im praying to get the 3x then was going to move CL from Costco to blue to get it to the $25k and then leave the costco open "I guess" but really don't want it AT ALL and would rather something like Mercedes or a hotel card even though we travel so little... the Costco Card is just SO USELESS (I'm still not living it down that I INSISTED he get it as the best card... it was right as the blue cash preferred came out and I was having a one track mind I guess)

Good luck on the 3x CLI for both of you! I was looking at the SPG also but it will not do me much good cuz i tend to stay at Marriotts most of the time. But like you said, i am looking for the bacdating and then building a nice credit line with AMEX.

Message 16 of 17
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Wait wait,
Example:

I "think" it's just when it comes to the 62 day CLI that if you get another account or a CLI from another account you cancel out that 62 day and would have to wait the full 6 months.

so let me get this straight. I have the BCP and i am eligible for the 3x CLI May 30th. If i apply for the TE cards today and get approved, then my BCP will not be eligible anymore for the increase come May 30th? Will have to wait for it when the TE is eligible for the 3x CLI then?

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.