Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Amex new or old SP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Amex new or old SP

I've seen conflicting info for existing Amex card holders.

When applying for a new credit card, anyone have new insight if they use the last SP (to give monthly credit scores) or do they do a new SP to determine if the account can be opened or not?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Amex new or old SP

My understanding is that if you are approved its a HP regardless if you are a current card member or not. However, if you are declined they dont follow with the HP/inquiry, they just send you a letter. 

I have 3 Amex cards and on both my apps for #2 and #3 I got quick approval, but then still a HP the same day (notified by MyFico). 

So my guess is they use the latest SP for the pre-approval to determine how much they need to review your profile, but only go through with it if you are condionally approved. 

I'm sure someone on the boards will have more insight, if I am even understanding your question correctly. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I know approval will result in a HP. I was wanting to find out if they use the SP from providing my monthly Fico score (two weeks old now) or if they do a new SP when looking at a new card app

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I know approval will result in a HP. I was wanting to find out if they use the SP from providing my monthly Fico score (two weeks old now) or if they do a new SP when looking at a new card app

Ah ok, I see now. My guess would be they use the latest SP they did (the two week old one) But I obviously dont know for sure. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.