Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd CC ever help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd CC ever help

You want to make charges to your credit cards and pay them off before the statement cut, so it reports 0 balance and no payment due. This will be your best method to up your scores while you garden for a while.  

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apply for the an amazon card....they pull transunion. Also, you can get another capital one card. But since I don't think you would get any more reasonable cards unless you go with subprime cards like credit one.
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bananas1 Wrote: You want to make charges to your credit cards and pay them off before the statement cut, so it reports 0 balance and no payment due. This will be your best method to up your scores while you garden for a while.  

I am going to disagree here, but admit that I am not absolutely sure. A zero balance shows no revolving activity and that is a strike against you. I think it is best to leave a few dollars on one card to show revolving activity. Many people say show 0 balance and other people say show just a little bit of a balance on one card. I agree with the latter.

Message 13 of 14
jbsea
Established Contributor

yes, learningtoimprove is correct.  All cards at zero except 1.  Leave one between 1% and 9% to get the max score.  The other cards must be at zero before statement date.

Amex Gold / Amex Platinum / Amex Marriott Brilliant/ Amex BCP/ Capital One Venture (AU) / Capital One Savor One/ Discover / NFCU Cash Rewards / BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards / NFCU GO Rewards (AU) / Amex EDP / NFCU Flagship Rewards / Chase Freedom (AU) / Capital One QuickSilver / Citi Costco (AU) / Amex Delta
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.