Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd CLI .

tag
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Re: 2nd CLI .

@Anonymous wrote:
Sounds like they like heavy usage as any bank would. Wonder if having a bank account with them would help too.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that having bank account(s) with them - especially with large balances would help.  I don't have any Chase branches near me.  I had tried to open a checking account with them online and they wouldn't let me.  I got an error saying I wasn't in their service area or something like that.  I then called them and was told that since I don't live in a state where they have branches I will not be able to open an account.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

Congrats! Auto luv from Chase is seldom... it looks they really like your file if you get it even on two cards Smiley Happy

Hopefully Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

thats crazy, well i use both cards heavy but the freedom had the edge and when i got my CLI my uti on freedom was around 50% and i got a 2k increase and on my CSP it had a low balance and got 1.5k increase. 

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quick question!

on my 6th statement for both my CSP and Freedom i got an auto CLI, now are there more auto CLI or chase usually does only one? maybe one at the year mark?

thanks!

i dont understand the way Chase hand out CLI either. I spend a couple hundred max per month on my United xplorer, and alot heavier usage on CSP. Yet they increased my United by 2k while CSP never ever receive anything,same as the freedom. 

Message 13 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

i sure got lucky then Smiley Very Happy wont complain

@Anonymous wrote:
I spoke to a rep from Chase regarding my Freedom card and a CLI without a HP and he said it would definitely be a HP. I said no thanks and asked when my account would be eligible for an automated increase and he advised that it was very rare. He said he has worked there for years and has only talked to maybe 4 people who had automated increases. Obviously he doesn't speak to every customer but you get the jist.

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunkissed wrote:

Chase is a hard nut to crack when it comes to auto-CLIs for sure!  Some people do get them.  Most people don’t.  I am one of the few who has gotten some unrequested auto-luv.

I have four of their cards: CSP opened Sept 2013 starting at $5,000; Marriott opened Nov 2013 starting at $5,000; Southwest opened Mar 2014 starting at $15,000; and Freedom opened Jun 2014 starting at $7,500.

In March 2014, I logged in and noticed my Marriott card had been increased to $6,500.  I only use this card for Marriott stays.  I was a bit surprised that they increased the line with such light use.

In January 2015, I logged in and noticed my Freedom had been increased to $9,000.  I’ve been using the heck out of this card and pushed it up towards the max a couple times.  I’m still in my 0% period, so I rarely pay it off, although I always pay it down significantly.

Last week, I logged in and noticed my CSP had been increased to $6,000.  This is one of my favorite cards to use.  After getting the Freedom bumped, I pushed the CSP towards the max to see if Chase would show me love.  Did it work?  I don’t know, but I got a small increase.

Good luck to all.  And if anyone uncovers the secret to unlock a Chase auto-CLI, please let us know!

That sounds a lot like me ! i use them very heavy.  i remember i got my 40k bonus if i spend 3k around the 2 month mark. 

in conclusion heavy heavy use Smiley Very Happy and yes like you do on the freedom i have a balance use it but always send about 900 every month. but its getting paid this month. 

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sunkissed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Sounds like they like heavy usage as any bank would. Wonder if having a bank account with them would help too.

I don't know for sure, but I would guess that having bank account(s) with them - especially with large balances would help.  I don't have any Chase branches near me.  I had tried to open a checking account with them online and they wouldn't let me.  I got an error saying I wasn't in their service area or something like that.  I then called them and was told that since I don't live in a state where they have branches I will not be able to open an account.

Wow, that sucks im thinking of sending my money market account thats on wells fargo to a chase account and see if that helps. its about 80k.

but ive been with wells fargo since forever it was with wachovia so that stops me. lol

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not that clear cut.... I met the spend bonus on my CSP in 5 weeks. No auto CLI here.
Message 17 of 21
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Not that clear cut.... I met the spend bonus on my CSP in 5 weeks. No auto CLI here.

Agreed, Nixon.  Many people use their Chase cards heavily and get no love at all!  I have been super lucky!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 18 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

@sunkissed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed, Nixon.  Many people use their Chase cards heavily and get no love at all!  I have been super lucky!

Me too, although i cant hate or boycott them since they are the largest cobranded cc issuer, and they never denied my app.

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, that sucks im thinking of sending my money market account thats on wells fargo to a chase account and see if that helps. its about 80k.

but ive been with wells fargo since forever it was with wachovia so that stops me. lol

I would advise you to put it into boa. With that money, you're eligible for a 50% boost on cash rewards and travel rewards. This makes 2.25% on all spending with TR and 1.5-3-4.5 on your cash rewards.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.