cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Experience with CapOne EO a better one.

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

2nd Experience with CapOne EO a better one.

I wanted to thank everyone for all the Cap One EO advice I've gathered so far here. It worked out better this time around.

Got the official call back yesterday.

On a Household Card mind you:

• CLI to $1,000 (asked for $1500, originally)
  • 1% CB on everything

I also asked her if they could do anything with the Secured card...unsecure it, add cash back, give another unsecured CLI, get rid of the annual fee, anything. I was stressing to her that this is an account that I use on a daily basis and that I'd tried to apply for other Cap One products only to be declined for "having too many Capital One accounts."

She was saying that do periodically review accounts for unsecuriing (I really doubt that, tbh) but she would be able to do a manual inquiry for me. I'm not expecting anything to be honest, and if they can't do anything, I think I'd be okay paying it off, closing it and then reapplying for the Quicksilver or something.

I forgot to ask her about the annual fee for the Household card. I'll ask her about it when she calls me back.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd Experience with CapOne EO a better one.

Good luck with trying to get capital one to do anything with the secured card. I called the eo last night about it she basically said to me that what it says on the website about them giving unsecured credit line increases on the secured card is 99.9% wrong and she is trying to get upper management to remove what it says. However, that being said, I know a couple of people have had success on an increase.
AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats!  

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

I wanted to thank everyone for all the Cap One EO advice I've gathered so far here. It worked out better this time around.

Got the official call back yesterday.

On a Household Card mind you:

• CLI to $1,000 (asked for $1500, originally)
  • 1% CB on everything

I also asked her if they could do anything with the Secured card...unsecure it, add cash back, give another unsecured CLI, get rid of the annual fee, anything. I was stressing to her that this is an account that I use on a daily basis and that I'd tried to apply for other Cap One products only to be declined for "having too many Capital One accounts."

She was saying that do periodically review accounts for unsecuriing (I really doubt that, tbh) but she would be able to do a manual inquiry for me. I'm not expecting anything to be honest, and if they can't do anything, I think I'd be okay paying it off, closing it and then reapplying for the Quicksilver or something.

I forgot to ask her about the annual fee for the Household card. I'll ask her about it when she calls me back.

Congrats! Maybe they can unsecure a portion, there have been posts where people get that from Cap 1 EO. Good luck!

Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.