Citi:  Misc.

Discover: Cash Over if needed

GM MC:  Auto Insurance

Kroger 123:  Gas and Grocery

Pen Fed:  Cell Phone Bill

Sears:  New Tires when needed

State Farm Visa: Dining Out

Target Visa : Cable/Internet Bill

I'm thinking about charging everything to two different cards every two month.  I'm not sure if I risk not getting CLI's for lack of usage.

Message Edited by DI on 10-31-2009 07:51 AM
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st Month Juggling 11 Credit Cards A Success...All Paid!

Why do you have 11 credit cards? It seems like a little much. 
Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

DI:

Look like you have alot of money to burn, share me your wealth Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Why do you have 11 credit cards? It seems like a little much. 

They all have a special purpose and offer rewards.  I had to replace a few cards that I closed.  During the process of replacing a few cards the initial CL fell short of my expectation; therefore I had to app until I get my overall CL at a comfortable limit.  Thanks for asking.

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Di, I must admit that I'm rather impressed with how well organized you are with your credit cards, their allocated purchases and purposes, and presumably...their due dates!

I can barely keep track of my 4 cards that I have (I rely heavily on my BlackBerry to help me out though...I program the calendar to give me an alert 2 days before a bill is due so that I can pay it immediately and not get stuck)...although I'm already planning what I will put on one of my cards once it is paid off so that I can keep it active and maintain the account...but that it still a few months away.

How do you pay the bills?  Meaning...do you have all of them on automatic bill pay or do you manually pay them on the web?

Message 5 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

DI:

Look like you have alot of money to burn, share me your wealth Smiley Very Happy

LOL.  Everything I listed is a necessity to maintain my quality of life.  

Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just out of curiosity, what kind of comfortable CL does 11 different credit cards bring? and what kind of rewards to you get from gym membership dues or a new set of tires?
Message 7 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Di, I must admit that I'm rather impressed with how well organized you are with your credit cards, their allocated purchases and purposes, and presumably...their due dates!

I can barely keep track of my 4 cards that I have (I rely heavily on my BlackBerry to help me out though...I program the calendar to give me an alert 2 days before a bill is due so that I can pay it immediately and not get stuck)...although I'm already planning what I will put on one of my cards once it is paid off so that I can keep it active and maintain the account...but that it still a few months away.

How do you pay the bills?  Meaning...do you have all of them on automatic bill pay or do you manually pay them on the web?

Thanks.  I'm very organized to avoid any late fees.  I pay all bill via banks' website manually.  I don't like automatic because most of the time I like paying before the due date.  Most of all my cards due dates are at the beginning of the month.  All of my cards are listed in a spreadsheet that details the CL, and the pupose of the card.  

Message 8 of 39
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just out of curiosity, what kind of comfortable CL does 11 different credit cards bring? and what kind of rewards to you get from gym membership dues or a new set of tires?

Daniel-

I use my AMEX card to pay for gym dues.  I get no reward from gym membership besides good health and being in excellent shape.  Paying with the AMEX card allows me to gain rewards from AMEX just for using the card. 

My total CL is $24,100.  The comfort level it brings is knowing I have credit to turn to if things get tight. 

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty awesome, I'm envious! 
Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.