Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd amex

Is there a time period you have to wait before applying for a 2nd Amex?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: 2nd amex

no people often apply for 2 back to back but you would have a better chance if you wait and build your relationship with them

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@purebulldogs500 wrote:

If you were approved for a revolver and app for another within 5 days, their system might place the second app on hold.  After the 5 days, they will process the app. 

Message 3 of 5
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

I waited a period of 1 week before apping for the second card.

@09Lexie wrote:

@purebulldogs500 wrote:

If you were approved for a revolver and app for another within 5 days, their system might place the second app on hold.  After the 5 days, they will process the app. 

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Their system automatically registers a second application as duplicate and won't process it until after 5 days. I apped for the BCE and the Delta Skymiles. Had to wait the five days but I was approved. It was two HPs though, which I thought wouldn't be the case. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.