Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd chase card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd chase card?

I've been on a hell of a journey repairing my credit. Finally I'm glad to say I'm in good standing these days. Closing on my first home the 26th of this month. Anyway I'm sure it's too soon too apply for a second chase card, I just got the SW airlines card early Feb. With a 2k CL (going to be doing some flying this year) . I've been thinking about the freedom card to take advantage of the 0% apr and cash back. My question to you guys and gals when is a good time to apply for this card.? How soon is too soon? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd chase card?

Everyone sleeping I take it... Lol 💤
Message 2 of 8
chalupaman
Super Contributor

I'd give it a bit more time until that $200 sign up bonus returns for the Freedom.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll have to do that. That card seems to offer some good benefits I want to take full advantage of em. Thank you!
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

👍
Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My question to you guys and gals when is a good time to apply for this card.? How soon is too soon? 

All depends on your credit.  There's no fixed timeframe that applies to everyone.  This is regardless of creditor and card.  I apped and was instantly approved for my second Chase card a day after the first but YMMV as your credit probably isn't the same as mine was.

@Anonymous wrote:
Everyone sleeping I take it...

You have to give any discussion forum time for replies and by time I mean days -- definitely not just 36 minutes.  If you need a more immediate answer then a discussion forum is the wrong tool for the job.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

takeshi74- appreciate the advice. I was coming off on a sarcastic note when I said "everyone sleeping" I work second shift and boredom struck. Thanks.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You shouldn't apply for or get any new credit until you close on your home. This could cause the bank to restart the entire underwriting process. I wish I would of waited for the $200 bonus for Chase Freedom but I was too much in a hurry to open all my new cards close together so they'd age together. Good luck to you and a big congrats on the home - it's a wonderful experience!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.