cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Bad Credit Cards and a Delinquent Cell Phone Account, What Should I DO? PLEASE HELP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Bad Credit Cards and a Delinquent Cell Phone Account, What Should I DO? PLEASE HELP

Hello All,

I currently have 3 bad credit cards on my account, the Collection Agency for all through Midland Collections: MBNA (2200), Aspire (1500), and Orchard (900). My credit score with Equifax is 552. I am trying to increase my score. The DLA on these 3 cards are in 2004. I am trying to determine if I should settle on this credit cards and get some Pay for Delete Agreements? If so, how can I insure that the Collection Agency will KEEP the agreement to delete the collection off my credit once I pay them the agreed about ? I am not sure if doing that will increase my score, which is my overall goal. PLEASE HELP ME AND GIVE AS MUCH ADVICE AS POSSIBLE!!!! THANKS A LOT

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Bad Credit Cards and a Delinquent Cell Phone Account, What Should I DO? PLEASE HELP

You may want to post over in 'rebuilding your credit' to see how to handle the PFD's. I am not sure if Midland will do them.

Always be aware of your SOL. If you are prepared to pay/settle/defend then DV Midland to be sure you are paying the correct entity and the correct amount. If they send validation then you can offer a PFD. Make sure you get everything in writing.

That's the short version. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.