Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Best Credit Cards This Holiday Season

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Best Credit Cards This Holiday Season

Why: A way to say goodbye to those pesky banking and credit card fees. Double Savings Catcher Rewards at Walmart.
Key Benefits:
- No monthly fees, no overdraft fees, no minimum balance requirements.
- World-class customer support from American Express
- Fantastic App
- Direct deposit, check writing, and all the basics of a bank and credit card wrapped up in to one service.
- No APR rates
- 2x Walmart bucks back via Savings Catcher

Chase Freedom
Why: $100 bonus after $500 spent on purchases + 5% cash back at Amazon, Zappos and many other popular retailers.
- No annual fee
- 0% APR for 15 months
- Rewards never expire
- Solid American based customer support
- 5% Cash back on a select list of popular retailers, up to $1,500
- Unlimited 1% cash back on all other purchases

Citi Double Cash Card
Why? The top "double" cash back offering on the market and no annual fee.
- No category restrictions
- 0% APR for 15 months
- 1% Cash back on all purchases + 1% cash back as you pay for those purchases in full or over time
- Variable APR that is low for those with excellent credit. 
- No annual fee

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: 3 Best Credit Cards This Holiday Season

Le skip the blue bird. Already have bank, and citi gives the 2% back for Walmart (don't do a lot of shopping there, they prefer folks with cars) Smiley Surprised
Signature needs updating
Message 2 of 10
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 3 of 10
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

Discover It! 5% on online shopping. That's how I do most of my shopping.

No thanks Bluebird.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 4 of 10
changingmantra2
Regular Contributor

Discover

5% Cashback on all online shopping Oct - 12/31  - plus an additional 5-20% Cashback through ShopDiscover and Discover Deals.

American Express Blue

Can be a good one - if you get great personal offers - $30 on  $160 spent at Zappos.com - $50 back on $250 spent on AMEX travel - $5 back on $15 spent at Walmart.con etc...  These are just examples of offers I have had in the past.

Barclays

Arrival Plus - 2 Miles per $1.00 plus extra miles through Boost Rewards which can be quite generous - and has several merchants not found on ShopDiscover or Ultimate Rewards

Sallie Mae - 5% cashback at Amazon.com - $750 cap -

I do most of my shopping on line - even if I pick up the items in store.  I will be looking to use Discover first - and then will see what the other cards have to offer.  Where Discover might lose out for me - regards APR.  I still have 0% interest on AMEX - Sallie Mae - and even Freedom - which will come in handy if I make large purchases.

“We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.”
― Maya Angelou
Message 5 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@changingmantra2 wrote:

Discover

5% Cashback on all online shopping Oct - 12/31  - plus an additional 5-20% Cashback through ShopDiscover and Discover Deals.

American Express Blue

Can be a good one - if you get great personal offers - $30 on  $160 spent at Zappos.com - $50 back on $250 spent on AMEX travel - $5 back on $15 spent at Walmart.con etc...  These are just examples of offers I have had in the past.

Barclays

Arrival Plus - 2 Miles per $1.00 plus extra miles through Boost Rewards which can be quite generous - and has several merchants not found on ShopDiscover or Ultimate Rewards

I do most of my shopping on line - even if I pick up the items in store.  I will be looking to use Discover first - and then will see what the other cards have to offer.  Where Discover might lose out for me - regards APR.  I still have 0% interest on AMEX - Sallie Mae - and even Freedom - which will come in handy if I make large purchases.

Talking about discover has anybody noticed they are running an additional 5% cashback offer on specific stores you can choose between 5 or 6 different stores. The only two that stuck out to me were bed bath and beyond and shell gas station. I picked bed bath and beyond. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 6 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@changingmantra2 wrote:

Discover

American Express Blue

Barclays

The Blue is now not a good card at all, the Everyday is better in every way.  The offers are available on nearly all Amex cards, doesn't matter which you have

Message 7 of 10
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

Unfortunately I'll be using CSP for a good portion of my Christmas shopping.  I'm still working on the minimum spend for the signup bonus.

Message 8 of 10
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Unfortunately I'll be using CSP for a good portion of my Christmas shopping.  I'm still working on the minimum spend for the signup bonus.

at least go thru ur mall if you do :-) 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 9 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

at least go thru ur mall if you do :-) 

If you want UR points.  Otherwise use something like cashbackmonitor.com to see how to get more cashback in addition to the base UR points.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.