Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Citi cards at once - likely?

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

3 Citi cards at once - likely?

In the future I plan on applying for a Citi Forward, Dividend, and Thank You Preferred. What are my odds of being approved for all 3? Will have 1-2 inqs, close to 0% util, 2 years AAoA, almost paid off car loan (if that helps), and no baddies.

I really want all 3. Forward/Dividend for 5% purchases and TYP so I can get a full 1 cent value out of the points from the Forward.

Any thoughts?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: 3 Citi cards at once - likely?

By 3 cards at once you mean apply all 3 at the same time, no.

Citi imposes 60-90 days limit on personal CC. 

Message 2 of 5
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

I got the forward and simplicity in the same week.
Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 3 of 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@patsfan1453 wrote:
I got the forward and simplicity in the same week.

Some get away with 2 card (some people even does browser trick with 2 applications at once), but 3rd is definitely a no no.

Message 4 of 5
xxdeanerxx
Established Member

I applied for the Citi Simplicity, was approved for $5000 somehow hit apply a second time and was approved for another Simplicity card with a $1200 limit. Citi refuses to combine the cards into one limit which is frustrating, but I appreciate what the limits they gave me.

Amex Blue 5k I Citi Simplicity 6.2k I Cap1 Platinum 1.25k I AE 700 I Walmart 900

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.