Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Days Late Delta Gold CC

tag
dbatl14
Contributor

3 Days Late Delta Gold CC

I just got the new Delta Gold CC (I have 4 other cards with Amex charge and cc) but this was my newest and for some reason this card was a little different as I couldn't set it up from when I was approved and had to wait to get it and then the Account Age was treat like a brand new account when they used to back dated.

Anways, I set up the alerts but it didn't happen and I missed my payment by 3 days. It was due the 4th but paid immediately in full after I saw that I missed the payment.

I contacted their support but suspected that it was an Indian service center, I explained my situation that it was an honest mistake as I rely on Prism and alerts to keep me up to date and for some reason since this card was brand new it wasn't alerting.

The CSR didn't give much insight just said to set up alert to avoid late payments and just told me that they don't take actions until the 2nd late.

So really my question at this point is. How strict is Amex. I never been late on any of my other cards and PIF most of the time but not all the time I do carry balances with some. But I paid my statement balance immediately.

Will this 3 day late ding my reputation with Amex or do they understand that goofs happen. Even if they don't report, will they flag me internally for this? I did get charged a late fee but didn't feel like arguing because technically I was late.

My Wallet: Amex Everyday: $7000 | Amex PRG: NPSL | AMEX Business Reward: NPSL | Amex Hilton Aspire: $9300 | Amex Delta Gold: $15000 | Amex Business Plat: NPSL | BofA Cash Rewards: $22000 | Travel Rewards: $15000 | NASA FCU Advantage: $17,500 | DCU Platinum: $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards: $3500 | Capital One QS: $8500 | Capital One Platinum: $2250 | Capital One Spark: $7500 | Fidelity Bank: $3400 | Nordstrom: $16500 | Macys: $10000 | Walmart: $3300 | Amazon: $6000 | Target: $14500 | | Chevron/Texaco: $3000 | Discover IT: $4700 | Apple Card: $2450 | Citi Double Cash: $4000
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: 3 Days Late Delta Gold CC

Look for the rate to increase to the maximum. Other than that, you'll be fine.
Payment wasn't late, but had a return payment on one account.Its treated the same way. I've gotten two more cards since then from Amex.
My rate went from 12.xx% to 29% temporarily. After the six months is up. It will go back to 12%.
Message 2 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah, you probably won't be qualifying for a credit line increase at the 61 day mark  but otherwise establish good payment history and usage with them and you'll be fine.

Message 3 of 4
NRB525
Super Contributor

OP you have quite a few cards. I would not rely on a third party app to notify me of the payment due dates on any of my cards. Check on each of the credit card websites to understand what is happening with each. 

Setting up auto pay pull minimum payments at each of the card accounts can help avoid missed payments. The other option is to monitor when the statement cuts, and then immediately schedule a payment to be pulled before the due date, which often is several weeks out. You of course need to have those funds in checking on that day, but if you know that amount is committed to go out, it is best to assume you no longer have that money, and look only at your future cash balance. Slow down spending to build up that checking balance as a cash buffer for all your monthly obligations. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.