Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Days Late on Barclays Mastercard

tag
Lakers
Regular Contributor

3 Days Late on Barclays Mastercard

Ok, I'm a moron.  I admittingly was 2 days late.  When I noticed that the bill was due, the first thing I did was sign in and pay it.  

I freaked out and called the number on the back of the card and the rep told me that since this was my first late she would waive the $30 late fee but it was Barclays legal obligation to report the late to the CRAs.  

Is there NO WAY that I can stop this from reporting as late?  

Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 3 Days Late on Barclays Mastercard

I was under the impression that cards must be at least 31 days late for them to be able to report the late.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was under the impression that cards must be at least 31 days late for them to be able to report the late.

I was too.  Maybe the rep just gave a generic response and if it is reportably late, they will report it.

Message 3 of 12
Friarchuck
Established Member

I don't think it is that big of a deal.  I think what the poster above me wrote is true, that if your late meets the criteria for reporting it to the CRA's then they are legally required to do so.  In your case, your late doesn't meet those criteria, so I'd bet that they won't.  I was a day late paying my BofA card once and I didn't even get a late fee, and it certainly didn't get reported to the CRA's.

Message 4 of 12
ddemari
Super Contributor

paying your card 2 days late wont trigger them to report to the CRA's a late payment. You will be fine. barclays might keep a closer eye on you to make sure you keep paying on time, but they are not going to report you to late the agencies. 

Message 5 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

They can only report you 30/60/90 days late. You are fine. Glad you got the late fee waived. I suggest Mint Bills or some alternative to stay on top of your bills so that won't happen again.
Message 6 of 12
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
They can only report you 30/60/90 days late. You are fine. Glad you got the late fee waived. I suggest Mint Bills or some alternative to stay on top of your bills so that won't happen again.

Honestly I would just set up automatic payments for the min $$ so this way at worst youll pay the min and not have to  worry about it.

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 7 of 12
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep automatic payments work well too.
Message 8 of 12
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

@Friarchuck wrote:

I don't think it is that big of a deal.  I think what the poster above me wrote is true, that if your late meets the criteria for reporting it to the CRA's then they are legally required to do so.  In your case, your late doesn't meet those criteria, so I'd bet that they won't.  I was a day late paying my BofA card once and I didn't even get a late fee, and it certainly didn't get reported to the CRA's.

I don't believe that they are LEGALLY required to report ANY late, ever!

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 9 of 12
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:

@Friarchuck wrote:

I don't believe that they are LEGALLY required to report ANY late, ever!

That was not helpful.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.