Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Re: 3 Goodwill Letters to Household So Far

Aquatic1,

You have a valid point. I don't argue that because it is most definitely costing me time and money to send these GW letters via FedEx.

However, I'm willing to spend the time and money to do this because it will still cost me far less in the long term as opposed to doing nothing and leaving a 30 day late on my reports for 7 years. IMO, a FedEx delivery signifies importance and so I'm simply hoping it gets into the right hands and this gets done. To me, its worth sending out every single month until I get results. I want to app soon and I'm not going to until I get this late pay off. I got myself into this mess (I don't know how) so I will get myself out of it, even if it costs -- which it already has!

As far as Target, keep mailing them. No one says you have to do it the FedEx way but keep trying. You lose when you give up. Eventually, persistance pays off.

UM

Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Regular mail is quite sufficient for your GW letters.
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

CWCID,

Hopefully this will be the last letter I send to household!

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Here's your background information on HSBC:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hsbc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HSBC_Bank_USA

Bottom line: HSBC is not a US publicly traded company.

Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Thanks for the info.

So, what are you saying?

:smileyhappy:

Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Just put a stamp on the envelope and mail the letter. You are in the early stages of a long term siege. Perseverance is what is going to win the day - not FedEx shipping fees. You're trying to catch the right person on the right day who is seeing your letter for the 20th time and says WTH, I'll give the guy a break. Don't forget you are asking for a favor. No one has a right to expect a GW request be granted. Follow through is what matters.
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Perhaps I will mail the next letter if this one doesn't work because I already FedExed it lol.

I guess you're right. I'm just very impatient and I don't like waiting. I'm hoping this won't be as long of a battle as you say but I know it sure could be. I will post updates.

Thanks,

UM

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Another thing for people to realize when they send GW letters (this isn't applying to you, Uncle Money, just a general observation): with GW's, do NOT send them registered mail, receipt requested. That's what you do when you are arguing with someone, and you want to force them to acknowledge that they received your letter. Think about the times that you've had to sign for a letter, which is a whole lot different than signing for a nice big box, of course. Signing a letter often signifies the presence of something nasty inside, and it puts the recipient in a bad mood before they even open the envelope.

When it comes to GW, think groveling. :smileyvery-happy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Super Contributor
DI

Uncle_Money wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement.

I just sent FedEx overnight letter #4.

Is it worth paying the extra money to send a GW overnight by FedEx?   Are you expecting a decrease in interest rates on your cards, and a rise in your FICO scores if the late is removed? 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+